CBR1100XX.org Forum

TRANSLOGIC SHIFTER: GET RACE VERSION, XX GSHAFT IS CCLOCKW.

ralfybebedosekys

Please take note: if anyone is checking out the Translogic Quickshifter you need to know that the BLackbird will only work with the race pattern version.

Why? The Blackbird's shiftlever turns the gear shaft counter-clockwise during upshifts. Most other bikes turn the gear shaft clockwise.

Consequently, you will need a race pattern version of the barrel trigger.

The standard or street version works only when the barrel trigger is compressed during up shifts. If you hook this up to the XX it won't work. When the XX upshifts it would actually be pulling out on, or expanding the length of the barrel trigger. That is, if you mount the barrel trigger in the recommended position, which is forward of the shift lever and under the faring.

Okay, hope this helps anyone wanting a quickshift kit whether it's by Dale Walker, Translogic or anyone else. I'm posting this here because a few members expressed interest in a quickshifter in another thread.

Peace!

Sorry, I don't know anything bout airshifters.

Do a search for Translogic and you'll find about a dozen different models.

The no frills one is System 6, about $300. All it does is first sense that the shift lever is moving up and then it kills power to the engine for a fraction of a second so that the drive train unloads so you can finish the upshift without using the clutch or backing off the throttle.

However, more expensive systems do much more, one will even shift for you by pressing a button -- Powershifter.

My off-road 4X4 buddies all carry CO2 tanks with them. They use them to air their tires back up before they drive on public roads. A portable compressor takes forever to air up a set of big off road tires. They use CO2 instead of Nitrogen for the same reasons given by eliXXer. (less hassles filling)

A 20# tank will air up over 30 33" tires, raising the pressure from 10 psi. to 35 psi.

One of the guys I work with even used his CO2 tank to "blow out" the underground sprinkler system at his girl friends house.