CBR1100XX.org Forum

Do you want to save money on gas??

MPG CAPS.

I've been using these in my truck and I'm getting better horsepower and gone from filling up 2x a week to one.

And apparantly it cuts your emissions in half. I started selling them after I tried them and I think they work great.

Most trucks use one per tank and cars could use half. Take a look

www.whirlwindhill.myffi.biz

You can order them right from the website.

Hmmmmm... :icon_think: I read a lot of the info and watched the videos. I'm not contradicting your stated results with the product, but a lot of the info on the website runs in direct opposition to proven performance gaining modifications. A lot of the info is also contrary in statement of conditions than what is typically sought after in traditional quests for higher performance. :icon_rolleyes: Just sayin... :icon_whistle:

A buddy of mine was selling those last year. Maybe he still is. I dunno. His wife is driving a Smart car with some sort of Blue-Hydro lettering all over it.

Anyway...he gave a couple of us those caps and we just threw them away or put them in a drawer. No one was the least bit interested by the way he described them. Looked like a good way to achieve nothing except a lighter wallet.

And I'm a hugely opened minded guy.

Only 3 real ways to get better MPG.

1) Burn fuel with more energy(less fuel to do the same work)

2) Increase efficiency of the engine(Tuning)

3) Modify your driving habits

I've done allot of research on additives and none make any real difference in MPG as long as you are using the right fuel for the engine. Adding a turbo/super charger and/or tuning the engine can give big results(if you add power you'll likely be playing with it more and not see them).

I got 10-15MPG increase on the XX for highway driving by having the right map made.

I commute 500 miles/week and use under 2 gallons.

• Make sure your tires are at the right pressure.
  • Go easy on the gas pedal.
  • Coast to a stop - your brakes turn energy into waste heat.

Plus, I only drive 3 miles to the bus. :icon_surprised:

Since the 70s car emissions have gone down and fuel mileage up but people drive twice as much so we got zero benefit.

Seriously, we have to change both how, where, and when we drive.

• People need to take public transportation
  • Move closer to work/get a job closer to home
  • Telecommute
  • Work flex hours to avoid traffic
  • etc.

Nope Joe nobody stole my logo. It's really me.

Moving closer to work, hmm great concept if everybody wants to live in everybodies back yard. Not me..

I thought I would post this not so much for the bikes but for the people like me that rather drive a truck cause I hate cars.

For me I'm getting better gas mileage. :icon_twisted:

Well my own vehicle doesn't have an accurate odometer reading, because the speedo stops working on a regular basis. :icon_rolleyes:

So I've been testing on my fathers 1999 Dodge Ram 2WD gas monster 5.2L with 200,000 km on it.. He's on his second tank of fuel. He drives 40-50 minutes to work one way on secondary and sometimes highway roads.

the tank before the MPG caps he drove 514 km or 319 Miles and used 80.83 L or 21.36 US gallons giving him

15.73 L/per 100km or 14.96 miles per US gallons

the first tank full through with the caps I kept the results he's gone from 14.96 miles per gallon to 15.38 miles per gallon on the first tank, which they say is the conditioning tank

http://www.oee.nrcan.gc.ca/transportation/...lts.cfm?attr=16

In case that doesn't work

Fuel Cost

$73.24

Distance travelled

570 km

354.2 miles

Fuel Amount

87.18 litres

23.03 US gallons

19.18 Imperial gallons

Cost of Fuel

$0.84 per litre

$3.18 per US gallon

$3.82 per Imperial gallon

Fuel Economy

15.29 litres per 100 km

15.38 miles per US gallon

18.47 miles per Imperial gallon

Mileage Costs

12.8491 ¢ents per km

20.68 ¢ents per mile

i suspect that the caps cost more than that fuel savings anyway.

We have a winner! In all tests that I have seen acetone/mothball additives do indeed increase gas mileage, but cost more than the gas saved. Now, as gas prices climb higher and higher, as we all know they will again, it might reach a breakover point wherein this is no longer true.

God help us, I hope it doesn't happen in my lifetime.

I did the acetone thing a few yrs ago. Had a spreadsheet I made up based on how much acetone to add to my tank based on how much gas I pumped in my truck.. I did this for 10 tank fillups.

Nothing changed.. I use the rest of the acetone to clean paint brushes. However I did have a sudden drop once in my mileage. Keeping track of my mileage helped me see something was dragging. It was a brake pad that was dragging way too much on the rear. Fixed it and back to normal.

I did do a little test in my Charger. Since I was driving 47 miles one way for work. I did my mileage again and got an average over 20 fillups. Then tested my theroy of what habits people have to loose fuel mileage.

I didn't go past 3k rpms

Didn't stomp the gas at any stop signs or lights

and tried my best to not floor it to get on the interstate or to pass some smuck on his cell phone.

Also drafted (not riding their ass) and stayed with the flow of traffic.

took me a dozen fillups to where it was just me driving to and from work. Without the wife taking my Charger to church or to town.

My personal best mpg was 27.98 open road mostly and some heavy foot... With just me sticking to my rules ... I got over 32 mpg

5 more mpg by just not hitting the go pedal so much...

Do I still drive like that? fuck no, what fun is that. I was go FAST