CBR1100XX.org Forum

929RR frame needed real bad

Involute

The second part:

I've been rotating stock in the garage for the past month or so. The DL650 is sold, the VTR1000 is sold, and sadly (I think) the XX is sold. I've had the XX in the local free ads for a little while just to see if there was any demand for a bike with 50K on it with a Rebuilt/Restored title. I was wanting a more track oriented bike anyway and the VTR was too clean for me to really risk wading it up. Some fucker decided he wanted it (I think he's a member here now and a pretty cool dude) and I started balking at the sale. My wife finally told him "Deal" because I couldn't bring myself to say it so it's gone. It's been about a month now and I'm only waking up in the middle of the night a few times in a cold sweat over the sale but in time I'll be good. It's still the finest bike I've ever owned but it was time for a change.

I've taken the funds from the 650 for 3 plane tickets to Germany next year to attend my brothers wedding since the inconsiderate fuck wants to get married where he lives. The money from the XX has been in limbo awaiting a good deal on an open class track bike. It's no longer in limbo because as soon as pay for the frame I've effectively spent all my XX money. So there you have it. The garage has an 08 DL1000 in it now and as soon as I bring the boat anchor home it'll have an 01 CBR929RR Erion Racing edition in it also.

End of story so back to your regularly scheduled BS.

So what (besides my anus) are you going to ride next year to the Colorado/Cody meet???

The second part:

I've been rotating stock in the garage for the past month or so. The DL650 is sold, the VTR1000 is sold, and sadly (I think) the XX is sold. I've had the XX in the local free ads for a little while just to see if there was any demand for a bike with 50K on it with a Rebuilt/Restored title. I was wanting a more track oriented bike anyway and the VTR was too clean for me to really risk wading it up. Some fucker decided he wanted it (I think he's a member here now and a pretty cool dude) and I started balking at the sale. My wife finally told him "Deal" because I couldn't bring myself to say it so it's gone. It's been about a month now and I'm only waking up in the middle of the night a few times in a cold sweat over the sale but in time I'll be good. It's still the finest bike I've ever owned but it was time for a change.

I've taken the funds from the 650 for 3 plane tickets to Germany next year to attend my brothers wedding since the inconsiderate fuck wants to get married where he lives. The money from the XX has been in limbo awaiting a good deal on an open class track bike. It's no longer in limbo because as soon as pay for the frame I've effectively spent all my XX money. So there you have it. The garage has an 08 DL1000 in it now and as soon as I bring the boat anchor home it'll have an 01 CBR929RR Erion Racing edition in it also.

End of story so back to your regularly scheduled BS.

So what (besides my anus) are you going to ride next year to the Colorado/Cody meet???

The Strom I think.

Unless I rotate stock again. Maybe a Burgman so you don't have to work as hard to keep up in the twisties.

Okay, all caught up. Beyond the custom frame, is the 929 stock? You're not done spending if you're going to track it on a regular basis. :icon_twisted:

Okay, all caught up. Beyond the custom frame, is the 929 stock? You're not done spending if you're going to track it on a regular basis. :icon_twisted:

Pretty much stock. D&D pipe is about the only add-on.

Tim, believe it or not I'm never done spending. Theres always something popping up that my bikes "need". Besides, a set of tires every 2 track days gets pricey as you know. :icon_evilgrin:

This bike is cursed. I go to pick it up today and decide to start it just for the hell of it. It has a hard time starting and when it does it runs pretty crappy. I look back and theres smoke pouring out the exhaust. I turn it off, go back in the the shop and call the owner out to the trailer. Just before starting it for him I tell him "this fucker wasn't doing this when I brought it in". I start it and he sees the smoke, reaches over and turns it off. He tells me some mexican kid in the shop saw that a few bikes needed gas so he decides to add some. He proceeds to grab a can full of diesel and adds some to the bikes, mine included. So, the bike goes back off the trailer and I tell him I'll be back in a week to pick it up. I expect the fuel tank to be drained and flushed with gas and a full tank of premium unleaded with a full can of Sea Foam added. This is getting out of hand.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...