CBR1100XX.org Forum

929RR frame needed real bad

Involute

I’m in desperate need of a straight, un-cracked, inexpensive (if there is such a thing) frame for an 00 or 01 929RR. Can you guys PLEASE keep an eye open for me in your travels.

I bought a used one with a Rebuilt/Restored title knowing it needed steering bearings but I had no idea the frame was uber fucked up at the steering head. If I can’t find a frame for the right price I’ll need to part the SOB out or try and recover some of the $$ I spent buy selling it to someone that’s willing to spend a shit load of time an money fixing it.

Anyway, please keep an eye open for me.

Thanks.

I'm in desperate need of a straight, un-cracked, inexpensive (if there is such a thing) frame for an 00 or 01 929RR. Can you guys PLEASE keep an eye open for me in your travels.

I bought a used one with a Rebuilt/Restored title knowing it needed steering bearings but I had no idea the frame was uber fucked up at the steering head. If I can't find a frame for the right price I'll need to part the SOB out or try and recover some of the $ I spent buy selling it to someone that's willing to spend a shit load of time an money fixing it.

Thanks.

Does it have to be titled?

Try here. That's the most likely place I can think of to find a guy with a frame laying around.

Oh yeah, and go fuck yourself. :icon_wink:

I'm in desperate need of a straight, un-cracked, inexpensive (if there is such a thing) frame for an 00 or 01 929RR. Can you guys PLEASE keep an eye open for me in your travels.

I bought a used one with a Rebuilt/Restored title knowing it needed steering bearings but I had no idea the frame was uber fucked up at the steering head. If I can't find a frame for the right price I'll need to part the SOB out or try and recover some of the $ I spent buy selling it to someone that's willing to spend a shit load of time an money fixing it.

Thanks.

Does it have to be titled?

Try here. That's the most likely place I can think of to find a guy with a frame laying around.

Oh yeah, and go fuck yourself. :icon_wink:

I guess it doesn't need to be titled but I'd feel better about it.

And thanks, I'll go do some searching.

And you can also fuck yourself.

Expect the price to at least double if you want paperwork. This isn't necessarily due to a frame without paperwork being hot, but a streetable VIN is a commodity in and of itself.

The guys over at the WERA site really don't like thieves, so hopefully you can find something over there. If it's got a VIN, just run it by the police before you buy. You may come across a blank frame as well. I see those come through there on occasion, not all that uncommon on a track/race bike.

Expect the price to at least double if you want paperwork. This isn't necessarily due to a frame without paperwork being hot, but a streetable VIN is a commodity in and of itself.

The guys over at the WERA site really don't like thieves, so hopefully you can find something over there. If it's got a VIN, just run it by the police before you buy. You may come across a blank frame as well. I see those come through there on occasion, not all that uncommon on a track/race bike.

I'll keep looking there. Right now theres nothing. I'm guessing based upon looking at the pretty pictures at Ron Ayers that a frame swap in this bike would only take a few days (if that) in the garage. One og the Stunt Monkeys I work with might have a connection locally that'll sell me a whole bike for $1000. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it works out and the frame on that one is not trashed. I should be able to part it out and at least get my money back. I did find a place in TN that specializes in frame repair/straightening but based upon the damage on this one I think it may be beyond a safe repair for my fat ass.

gallery_54_55_142669.jpg

gallery_54_55_186880.jpg

I can fix the weld if you want.

Thanks!

But I’m pretty sure it would be an exercise in futility considering the condition of the bottom of the steering head. I think the biggest problem there is the fact that the race stop is mostly missing, I’d love to be able to fix the frame for cheap but I’d always wonder if or when it’ll start cracking or break again. The crack at the weld seems easily fixable but the rest of the damage scares me.

Do you think I’m being too paranoid? In your opinion is the rest of the damage safely repairable?

guy near here is selling a 01 929 front end slight damaged.

do you want me to check the price of the frame? where do you need to be pricewise?

also a 2000 929 looks clean 15,600 miles on it for sale here for 3200 cdn or about 2800 usd.

i checked not a big deal to import into the usa as long as it is not reconstructed.

as long as it meets usa specifications.

much easier to import into usa from canada than the other way around.

I'll keep looking there. Right now theres nothing.

I'm pretty sure one isn't go to just pop up anytime soon. They have a "wanted to buy/trade" section, ask for what you need, you might be surprised.

Oh, and Stan can fix anything. :icon_biggrin:

guy near here is selling a 01 929 front end slight damaged.

do you want me to check the price of the frame? where do you need to be pricewise?

also a 2000 929 looks clean 15,600 miles on it for sale here for 3200 cdn or about 2800 usd.

i checked not a big deal to import into the usa as long as it is not reconstructed.

as long as it meets usa specifications.

much easier to import into usa from canada than the other way around.

I'm hoping to be in the $500 range for a frame and yes, if the frame is straight with no cracks I'm certainly interested. I'm not in a position to buy another bike like that right now. This $2600 boat anchor I bought last week was pushing the envelope on what I'm willing to spend on a track bike.

Thanks.

I'll keep looking there. Right now theres nothing.

I'm pretty sure one isn't go to just pop up anytime soon. They have a "wanted to buy/trade" section, ask for what you need, you might be surprised.

Oh, and Stan can fix anything. :icon_biggrin:

I've seen Stan's work and he does do some impressive stuff but I'd suggest you let him decide if he can fix it Fucko. :icon_razz: Don't go writing checks that Stans ass can't cash.

Thats the bottom race stop? That is a problem in that yes I can weld it up, but it will have to be machined back out and having a location to center off of will be the most worry. Being that it is the loaded side and will take the force of the bumps, will need to be done corectly. Welding aluminum softens it to a lower grade,,,but cast is already pretty low. Being it is already toast, we could do no harm. We would only be out the shipping to here at the worst. I am more inclined to turn a piece to install and weld it. That would be a solid repair. And stronger. Would still need to be bored to accept the machined piece. I don't have the mill,,,,but, I want one.

Another way might be a steel piece that had a lip to seat on the frame that was the race...Would not push in on bumps and would be the race too. Would need to fix the cracks. I can only see the one in the pictures, and looks a little egged.

I am game, so keep me informed.

Thats the bottom race stop? That is a problem in that yes I can weld it up, but it will have to be machined back out and having a location to center off of will be the most worry. Being that it is the loaded side and will take the force of the bumps, will need to be done corectly. Welding aluminum softens it to a lower grade,,,but cast is already pretty low. Being it is already toast, we could do no harm. We would only be out the shipping to here at the worst. I am more inclined to turn a piece to install and weld it. That would be a solid repair. And stronger. Would still need to be bored to accept the machined piece. I don't have the mill,,,,but, I want one.

Another way might be a steel piece that had a lip to seat on the frame that was the race...Would not push in on bumps and would be the race too. Would need to fix the cracks. I can only see the one in the pictures, and looks a little egged.

I am game, so keep me informed.

:icon_clap:

Grabbing the bull by the balls! Thats awesome, and thanks. Give me a week or two to figure out what I'm going to do. I won't have the bike in my garage until Saturday afternoon anyway. If I end up sending you the frame I will insist on sending money also. Fixing this, or even attempting to fix this will be time consuming for you and I have a real hard time accepting freebies.

I've got the bike for sale in the local ads for $2500 obo as is. If I get someone the offer me $2000 I'll probably eat the difference and chalk it up to another of life's learning experiences. In the meanwhile I'll see if I can score a good frame for $500 or so since I'll need to tear it apart anyway if it doesn't sell. If all that fails I may just tear it apart and let you do your magic. Regardless of what happens this will cost me so I need to try to take the lazy mans way out and avoid a tear down. Track bikes are easier to find than frames. Besides, with as much damage as this frame has I wouldn't be surprised at all if it's bent also and I'd hate to spend time and money repairing a bent frame.

I can't fully express how grateful I am for your offer. I'm hoping things work out so I don't need to take you up on it but worse case scenario I will. I may be able to talk one of our machinists in to heading in to work with me on a Sunday and slap that bitch on a Jig Bore and machine the stem after you do the welding. I've got to be careful doing this stuff at work though. Certain members of management might not like a G-Job of this magnitude. I can turn just about anything myself at work so if we come up with a good design for a sleeve I could take care of that. I need to talk to our NDT Level III to see if he'll do a Penetrant Inspect on the frame to check for any other cracks that may not be apparent.

Anyway, thanks again and I'll be in touch. :icon_hail:

I find that there's not a lot of 954/929 stuff on the WERA site.

Ebay, no title, $200

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=150307271550

Ebay, salvage certificate, $500

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=260309121009

Query string on Ebay:

(cbr929, cbr 929, cbr 929rr, cbr 929 rr, cbr929rr) frame

Good luck!

I find that there's not a lot of 954/929 stuff on the WERA site.

Ebay, no title, $200

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=150307271550

Ebay, salvage certificate, $500

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=260309121009

Query string on Ebay:

(cbr929, cbr 929, cbr 929rr, cbr 929 rr, cbr929rr) frame

Good luck!

Fuck me! You little cocksucker. I need to take E-Bay search lessons from you. Thanks.

I've just been typing in "929 frame".

Fuck me! You little cocksucker. I need to take E-Bay search lessons from you. Thanks.

Since your head is in your ass, maybe I could just inject a little "knowledge" right into your brain. What I love about you, Scot, is that I can get a blowjob and give you anal at the same time.

Since your head is in your ass, maybe I could just inject a little "knowledge" right into your brain. What I love about you, Scot, is that I can get a blowjob and give you anal at the same time.

Thats just mean

Thats just mean

:icon_iloveyou:

Thats just mean

:icon_iloveyou:

Back at ya.

Do you think Tim’s lack of reply to my last comment to him means I was finally able to one-up him? Do you think he’s pouting on a ZX-14 board somewhere?

Yeah, keep pretending I always win our little games. Really, humility doesn't suit you. :icon_wink:

Oh, and I didn't know you were flirting with me or I would have come back and played. :icon_twisted:

Too late fucko. You’ve missed the opportunity. Getting back in to it now would be rather pathetic and I hope you save yourself the embarrassment.

Good News! (I think). I may close a deal pending in person inspection on a frame in PA. My dads there, retired and in need of something to do besides drinking beer with Vets so I’ve talked him in to taking a look at a frame, buying it if it’s everything it’s claimed to be and shipping it to me. If I could talk him in to not expecting me to send him money it would be a perfect deal :icon_biggrin:

Stan, you may be off the hook and once again THANK YOU!

Too late fucko. You've missed the opportunity. Getting back in to it now would be rather pathetic and I hope you save yourself the embarrassment.

"Getting back into it"? I didn't realize there was an "it" here to get back into. I think pathetic would be would be the guy who won a contest that the rest of the world was completely unaware of.

Good News! (I think). I may close a deal pending in person inspection on a frame in PA. My dads there, retired and in need of something to do besides drinking beer with Vets so I've talked him in to taking a look at a frame, buying it if it's everything it's claimed to be and shipping it to me. If I could talk him in to not expecting me to send him money it would be a perfect deal :icon_biggrin:

Good deal on getting it sorted out. Now....why haven't we heard more about this track project? Details, please.

Too late fucko. You've missed the opportunity. Getting back in to it now would be rather pathetic and I hope you save yourself the embarrassment.

"Getting back into it"? I didn't realize there was an "it" here to get back into. I think pathetic would be would be the guy who won a contest that the rest of the world was completely unaware of.

Good News! (I think). I may close a deal pending in person inspection on a frame in PA. My dads there, retired and in need of something to do besides drinking beer with Vets so I've talked him in to taking a look at a frame, buying it if it's everything it's claimed to be and shipping it to me. If I could talk him in to not expecting me to send him money it would be a perfect deal :icon_biggrin:

Good deal on getting it sorted out. Now....why haven't we heard more about this track project? Details, please.

I'll let the first part of your reply slide.............simply because you're a fucker.

The second part:

I've been rotating stock in the garage for the past month or so. The DL650 is sold, the VTR1000 is sold, and sadly (I think) the XX is sold. I've had the XX in the local free ads for a little while just to see if there was any demand for a bike with 50K on it with a Rebuilt/Restored title. I was wanting a more track oriented bike anyway and the VTR was too clean for me to really risk wading it up. Some fucker decided he wanted it (I think he's a member here now and a pretty cool dude) and I started balking at the sale. My wife finally told him "Deal" because I couldn't bring myself to say it so it's gone. It's been about a month now and I'm only waking up in the middle of the night a few times in a cold sweat over the sale but in time I'll be good. It's still the finest bike I've ever owned but it was time for a change.

I've taken the funds from the 650 for 3 plane tickets to Germany next year to attend my brothers wedding since the inconsiderate fuck wants to get married where he lives. The money from the XX has been in limbo awaiting a good deal on an open class track bike. It's no longer in limbo because as soon as pay for the frame I've effectively spent all my XX money. So there you have it. The garage has an 08 DL1000 in it now and as soon as I bring the boat anchor home it'll have an 01 CBR929RR Erion Racing edition in it also.

End of story so back to your regularly scheduled BS.

Might make a good quad?

:icon_evilgrin:

I've had a few guys at work tell me the same thing.

Hey Cutie...

Lemme know if Pop needs someone else to drink some beer with...

Might have a look at the frame for ya too...

I still owe ya one...

Hank

You owe me nothing. I had a good time making that pompous ass think I was a buyer. :icon_biggrin:

I've got a bunch of pics of the frame and I'm pretty sure having the old man look at it is purely a formality as well as a way for me to save some shipping costs. Thanks though. :icon_drunks: