CBR1100XX.org Forum

What chain

jimakazi

I did a search but didn't get the answers I want. If I get the info perhaps Carlos or Joe could add it to the Info/FAQ section.

OEM chains are the:

RK50LFO-ZI

DID50ZVS

Neither are currenly listed on the RK site http://www.ftmbiz.com/rk/specs_xwring.htm

or the DID site

http://www.didchain.com/spec.html

What were the original specs for either?

I'd like to know of they were worse of better than what the dealer fitted as a "significant upgrade" a RK GB530XSO [Max CC street 1000, tensile Lbs/ft 9,200, Max wear life indicator 750]. This chain has basically run out of adjustment after just 7,500 miles which is just UN-FUCKING-ACCEPTABLE.

The appropiate RK chain would appear to be the 530GXW or GB530GXW [Max CC street 1400cc, Mtensile strength 10,000, Max wear life indicator 1000 with std=100]

However the DID site recommended replacement; the 50[530]ZVM has WAY BETTER specs [tensuile strength 10,400, Max wear life indicator 3,700 with std=100]

For anyone with a 2003 XX manaul whats the current OEM chains?

Thanks

I don`t think those wear indexes are comparable,there is no FW DID lasts 3.7 times longer then RK.

IT looks that 530 LFO is replaced by gold plated GB530GXW .That may be a ticket since top of the line DID chain( ZVM) is not available in this form.(unless you buy O.E.M. chain for RC51)

My O.E.M chain was RK,replacements were DID ZVMs,they last about the same.