CBR1100XX.org Forum

What am I missing

runner

Maybe the 4sale sign is the answer.

There are a HUGE number of busa's , GSXR's, even soms CBXX's, etc. for sale with lowered suspensions and 12" extended swingarms.

It destroys the way they handle and looks really bad (to me).

Is it that hard to keep the front end down?

What are your thoughts on the great number of these bikes?

Maybe the 4sale sign is the answer.

There are a HUGE number of busa's , GSXR's, even soms CBXX's, etc. for sale with lowered suspensions and 12" extended swingarms.

It destroys the way they handle and looks really bad (to me).

Is it that hard to keep the front end down?

What are your thoughts on the great number of these bikes?

There's a lot of dumbasses in the world.

It is definitely for show, unless you have some serious, and I mean SERIOUS horsepower. I think the longest you can run is 68" overall wheelbase and actually compete in a class, but you are talking about 450HP and up to need to have a bike that long. These guys you see running around on chrome wheels with $5,000 paint jobs on a 12 over swingarm more than likely run slower than your bone stock XX. It's all for show and to do burnouts to show off for the women.

The only exception I've seen to this rule is a guy around here that, in all seriousness, ought to be riding professionally. He had a stock engine GSXR1000 with an 8 over swingarm that ran 5.60's all day long in the 1/8th (quicker on the juice). It looked like a limousine and still toted the front tire, but he was smoking nitrous Busas with it and ALWAYS took the money home on heads up races. He now has a turbo Busa, built by guys who run them professionally, and I have personally seen him make a 4.80 pass in the 1/8th and this bike is still street legal.

I agree. You definitely do not need no 10 or 12" extension. Even 8....I had a Suzuki RF900 that I did some headwork to, cams, carbs, and dynoed. I did a 3" extension, and could do NOTHING to get the front end up. It was plenty for sure.

Maybe you just needed bigger balls :icon_whistle::icon_evilgrin::icon_razz:

J/K

Or a better bike :icon_rolleyes:

No sir, that was on a Shinko. The rider might weigh 135 soaking wet in full leathers. As a matter of fact, they've had to rework the shock several times to get it to hook because he's so skinny. It's been 4.60 on the local 600 foot track (shortened because they didn't have enough shutdown room).

Yeah one of the foremans at work has a CBR1000rr he bought from a guy thats stretched 10 inches and lowered.

Guy at work asked when we were going to drag race. (got a private runway at work)

I said my bike is heavier, I am 40lbs heavier then him, down on HP and not lowered or stretched, and that I would win cause I have bigger balls than him, and not affraid to twist the happy handle. :icon_twisted:

Foreman agreed.. Never been past 120mph

Do wish he would wear some better gear though. T-shirt and pants..

Dave