CBR1100XX.org Forum

Did I buy the wrong part?

jblackbird2000

I've been looking around for some time now for a used ECU for my bike, and with the help of TitaniumBird was finally able to score one on eBay. Only problem is, I didn't remember until after that there are two different ECU's made for 99-00 years. One for the Cali Model, another for the rest of us. :icon_wall:

Here's what I bought.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-2000-H...sspagenameZWDVW

Here's the part number I need.

38770-MAT-A02

I've already asked the seller to help clairify this, and hopefully he'll play nice. But my question to ya'll is, what is that middle plug thing on the ebay pic? I am 99.9998% sure that I don't have this middle plug thing on mine.

I'm screwed, eh?

I would question if that ECU is even for the Blackbird at all. Bike Bandit does show two different part numbers, but doesn't indicate why or what the difference is. If the one you bought is not for a Blackbird, make him take it back. If he gives you any trouble, tell him you will report him to Ebay for fraud.

I would question if that ECU is even for the Blackbird at all. Bike Bandit does show two different part numbers, but doesn't indicate why or what the difference is. If the one you bought is not for a Blackbird, make him take it back. If he gives you any trouble, tell him you will report him to Ebay for fraud.

+1

thats not a birds ecu :icon_naughty: