CBR1100XX.org Forum

Bike died on choke this morning

matthend

just because the injectors are down there by the carbs and it was suggested to pull the carbs. I am not the most mechanically inclined and am always scared I will screw something up

Maybe one of the injectors is broken/leaking/stuck open and causing your troubles.

I think I detect a little sarcasm in some of these posts. :icon_biggrin:

Check the fuel solenoid on the nitrous system. If it's leaking, you would be running a little rich which could cause the symtoms you have described and foul the spark plugs.

would I be able to visually see a leak in the solenoid? I did ride in to work this morning. It seems that it when it first starts in the morning it is running on two cylinders and if I just let it sit on choke it will die. I kept giving it twists of throttle till it eventually seemed to "catch it's breath" and rev smoothly and run like it should. From then on I let it idle for about 5 minutes, then it ran great the entire trip to the office.

would I be able to visually see a leak in the solenoid? I did ride in to work this morning. It seems that it when it first starts in the morning it is running on two cylinders and if I just let it sit on choke it will die. I kept giving it twists of throttle till it eventually seemed to "catch it's breath" and rev smoothly and run like it should. From then on I let it idle for about 5 minutes, then it ran great the entire trip to the office.

Maybe. The extra fuel may only be pulled through the solenoid under vacuum, which is highest when the throttles are closed. Also, make sure the fuel pump for the nitrous system is not running during normal operation. Better yet, disconnect the fuel source entirely from the nitrous system. If the bike runs better after that, you'll know that was the problem.Since someone else installed the system, it's hard to know what they did.

P.S. You still should consider installing new spark plugs.