CBR1100XX.org Forum

Help Vista Cruise Control Install

googus

OK my fellow rider I am trying to install a Vista Cruise Control on my XX. I followed the instructions per this site with shaving down the ring around the throttle and drilling a hole and putting a screw into the switch housing.

The problem is that the Vista cruise will not stay engaged. I thought I adjusted it correctly with play in the throttle and it locks the thottle for a minute then just pops back. I did not put a hand grip on the throttle housing yet. I want to make sure this thing works. thanks in advance.

Any thoughts?

I don't want to say to myself you get what you pay for.

Greg

OK my fellow rider I am trying to install a Vista Cruise Control on my XX. I followed the instructions per this site with shaving down the ring around the throttle and drilling a hole and putting a screw into the switch housing.

The problem is that the Vista cruise will not stay engaged. I thought I adjusted it correctly with play in the throttle and it locks the thottle for a minute then just pops back. I did not put a hand grip on the throttle housing yet. I want to make sure this thing works. thanks in advance.

Any thoughts?

I don't want to say to myself you get what you pay for.

Greg

Make sure the little spring is in the right place. I went thru 2 vista cruises and 1 lost in the mail, to get mine right. The tolerances have to be close to work. When I first got it right, the throttle was slow to retract on its' own. now that it's been "broken in" the cruise works perfectly! In fact, it works better and easier than my friends lock on the end of her bars. I didn't follow the same install as shown here, but similar. Just be sure the lock is grabbing the tube with both halves. If you tighten the screw you used with mounting, before you actually lock the cruise, it may be allowing too much slack on that half of the part. Anyhow, I found it a real bitch to install properly, but am really happy with it now. Totally worth the $60 it ended up costing me! Keep fiddling with it, you won't be disappointed! BTW, did you take great care in sanding where the throttle ring was, so it is actually round still? I ended up removing my tube to modify it properly.

OK guys never mind :icon_redface:

I just need to play with it more to get the correct fitting. So with the Heli Bars on, Vista working and new grip I am ready for a trip :icon_biggrin:

Greg