CBR1100XX.org Forum

Frame plugs/ rear passenger handle

thrash7781

would like to buy some frame plugs. where????? also i saw a pic of a xx with the rear passenger handle gone and plugs in the bolt holes. any suggestions?? thanks in advance. thrash

check out John's Bike Bits :icon_whistle::icon_whistle::icon_whistle::icon_whistle:

I believe he has only one set of the rear grab handle pieces left and the manufacture has

gone out of business in England so Jaws cannot get anymore either.

I am pretty sure that there is a banner just below and to the right alittle, that is a direct link to John's Bike Bits :icon_whistle:

I love my grab rail inserts.. You do have to paint them to match your bike. I got Bob Brown who is one of the owners at www.empiregp.com in upstate NY to paint them to match the silver 02' perfect match and really cleans up the rear end.

The grab rails got little bolts to hold them in, I didn't use them. Instead I used some strong automotive cement and now they are on forever.. .

Seems like all the good stuff on my bike is from across the pond.. My grab rail plugs, engine armor, exhaust.. :icon_twisted:

post-1152-1213792516.jpg

The grab rails got little bolts to hold them in, I didn't use them. Instead I used some strong automotive cement and now they are on forever.. .

Maybe I'm missing something here, but since you glued them in how are you going to get the rear cowl off?

thank you very much. just what i was looking for. i love this site. :icon_thumbsup:

oops,

Looks like you were not fast enough to pull the trigger! Sold my last set of Shrooms and Grab Rail Inserts

just now to Farmington, MN.

John

Yeh baby, yeh! WOOP WOOP. That's everything. I've owned my '03 BB for 7 weeks. Getting everything I wanted for the bike has been like taking part in a scavenger hunt. I ordered the grab rail inserts from a place that shall go un-named on May 9th. It took them over a month to inform me they weren't able to fill my order, and to date they still haven't credited my credit card. BUT, I have everything now!

That's everything. I've owned my '03 BB for 7 weeks. Getting everything I wanted for the bike has been like taking part in a scavenger hunt. I ordered the grab rail inserts from a place that shall go un-named on May 9th. It took them over a month to inform me they weren't able to fill my order, and to date they still haven't credited my credit card. BUT, I have everything now!

You obviously haven't looked in thr right places then !!

Was the un-named place here in the States?

John, Jaws, has them made up in England but the company that made them for him was bought out by a larger company and now they want large minimum orders to make any more. Big corporate sucks even in England!!

There will be more but it will be a while before any more will be here in the States.

And I can assure you that you Do NOT have everything yet nor likely ever will have everything !!

I personally have surpassed $15,000.00 and still do not have everything !!! That does not include the $9500.00 price for the Bird Originally

I made a list of everything I wanted to get for the bike when I first got home with it. $15k, that's serious comittment.

15K is stupid money to spend on BlackBird extra's but then I have done much more stupid things in my life.

It has taken 7 years to get accomplished but worth every penny to me.

I do love my Bird.

John

Maybe I'm missing something here, but since you glued them in how are you going to get the rear cowl off?

Can't let all my secrets out now can I? :icon_whistle:

The tail section comes off just fine, the tail section is held on by more than just the back bolts. I removed the back frankenstein bolt and the other 5mm bolts and glued the plugs to the tail section itself. You slide on your tail section and it seats itself around the tail light and all other crap back there and then you install the other body work bolts on the front of the tail section.. Holds in place and doesn't move at all.. The little nut and bolts that came with the plugs were cheesy IMHO, not going to put cheesy stuff on my bike. So I improved it.

Yeah there are 4 other bolts plus the seat to hold it in place. I was thinking it was bolted at the grab rail and then the caps were glued over the bolts :icon_doh:

Can't let all my secrets out now can I? :icon_whistle:

The tail section comes off just fine, the tail section is held on by more than just the back bolts. I removed the back frankenstein bolt and the other 5mm bolts and glued the plugs to the tail section itself. You slide on your tail section and it seats itself around the tail light and all other crap back there and then you install the other body work bolts on the front of the tail section.. Holds in place and doesn't move at all.. The little nut and bolts that came with the plugs were cheesy IMHO, not going to put cheesy stuff on my bike. So I improved it.

Oh, no. I might not have explained it correctly or entirely when I first said it.

The plugs are pretty simple I thought about making a mold and making some myself. I worked in Fiberglass for 3 yrs and could easily make these little boogers.. I just never went through with it.

Not alot of interest in the XX, but if you look at the busa you got all types of options for its grabrail..

most of them are for pimping though..

Pictures please... are you saying you remove the grabrail?

If so, don't you need it to hoist the bird up on the centerstand???

Pictures would be worth a thousand words....

Pictures please... are you saying you remove the grabrail?

If so, don't you need it to hoist the bird up on the centerstand???

Pictures would be worth a thousand words....

I stand on the left side of the bike (like everyone else), left hand on the left bar end, RIGHT HAND ON THE PASSENGER LEFT PEG BRACKET, right foot on the center stand assist arm... push down on the center stand and lift up on the passenger peg bracket.

yall do know there is a lift bar inside the left opening of the tail section to lift the bike on the centerstand.

hehehe and this statement coming from a Quad rider :-)

I always thought the Grab rail was only to hold onto when you are "skiing" behind the Bird !!

"Yo stunt'r, next time put some lighter flints glued to the bottom of ya shoes for some sparks when skiing"

hehe, I was going to double them and have one on both sides, when I was off road, to pull out of a bad situation, and never got anywhere that power would not get me out, that and 24 inch tires and 14 1 and 1/2 in paddles.

John I do have a bike too. With a center stand. :icon_evilgrin:

See below

hehe, I was going to double them and have one on both sides, when I was off road, to pull out of a bad situation, and never got anywhere that power would not get me out, that and 24 inch tires and 14 1 and 1/2 in paddles.

John I do have a bike too. With a center stand. :icon_evilgrin:

See below

And both in the Fastest RED color !!

I run large RKA Bags...to carry all my gear for trips , etc.

The side brackets are tough to get to...some of the points made above are helpful for getting this rascal on its centerstand...thanks