CBR1100XX.org Forum

what psi in oil cooler

mikesail

My understanding is that the oil cooler is in a low pressure loop, seperate from the main oil pressure circuit. Is this correct?

I want to remove and bypass the oil cooler and need to know what pressure the new plumbing has to support. This is for the race bike which only runs for less than 30 seconds, so the cooler is only adding drag because of its width.

I would call Elton Fish Racing.

I have worked with him on my oiling system and his drag pan used to eliminate the oil cooler. The way he did it was to tap the ports inside the pan and plug them. I could not use his 1 inch pan because it required this modification. So I had to make my own to keep the lines because I needed the cooler.

But, I don't remember for sure if it was required that he rebuild the oil pump to remove the pump for the cooling side. There are two sides to it. He told me then but it was in 2003.

On another note, he does not do it that way now, he does it like mine, and leaves the lines, and cooler, I think.