CBR1100XX.org Forum

XX Brakes

NoOne65

Correct me if I am wrong. I noticed that galfer black pads are identical front to rear according to the part number. Does that mean they are indeed the same..ie interchangeable front to rear?

J

The Honda OEM pads have different part numbers, are physically different, and do not interchange.

I thought you could put the OEM rear pads in the front but not the other way round :icon_confused:

OEM rear will work in the front. OEM front will not work in the rear. The rear has a keyway cut into the backing plate which fits into a key in the caliper. All the aftermarket pads have this keyway so they will fit front and back. Now for the big question... WHY?????

nah, I am curious as to after market. The reason why is the guy says all he has is rear pads. If after market is the same then I just picked up a pair of what he is calling rear pads for the front.

Last time I replaced with OEM pads I measured the thickness - rear pads are slightly thicker than front.

I just bought some new Versah pads from a place that was going out of business. The book said '99 and before all the pads were the same, after '99 the rear pads were thicker.