CBR1100XX.org Forum

exhaust bolt size and washer sort

TREX

hey guys

i have a 2005 bird that i have just put the std pipes back onto ( it came with an akra 4-2-1)

it is all mounted good no probs but i am missing the bolt that goes into the rear most mount on the header system it looks like a single bolt about 8mm i think that goes through a mount on the frame and into the rear of the collector pipes by the mainstand mount

can anyone confirm the size and length of this bolt and does it have a washer on or a steel bushing inside the rubber bush it as all i have is a rubber fitting in this mount on the frame

also the two mounts on the mufflers that go through the base of the riders footpegs now here i have the rubber mounting bush in the footpegs and the cap nut and the bolt is part of the muffler but do they have a flat washer or a standoff washer under the cap nut on this part as i have no washer at all with the parts i bought

if so can anyone tell me the dimensions of the washer

or do i have to wait for the stealer to open on monday :icon_redface:

i really want to go for a ride and any help will be greatly appreciated

Cheers

James

The underneath mount should have the exact same rubber mount and bushing as the rear exhaust hangers. The rear supposedly uses a basic 8mm washer inboard and outboard, although I don't recall one under the flanged nut. Underneath uses an 8x45 bolt.

Any old thing in functional shape will do, and the only reason to see the dealer is if you're missing some of the "cosmetically correct" pieces.

many thanks for that BUT

what about the small mounts on the bottom of the RIDERS footpegs where the muffler joins the header there is a bolt that is part of the muffler that passes through a small ring which is molded as part of the RIDERS footpegs and has a small rubber grommet in in and it has a cap nut on the outside

in pics i can find on the net it has a washer under the cap nut but i don't know if it is a flat washer or a standoff washer as i can't find my manual

Cheers

James

one of those stupid washers that honda love to use everywhere that has a small piece of tube attached on one side of the washer around the inner hole usually 5 to 10 mm in length so that you don't squash the item being held in place

many thanks for that BUT

what about the small mounts on the bottom of the RIDERS footpegs where the muffler joins the header there is a bolt that is part of the muffler that passes through a small ring which is molded as part of the RIDERS footpegs and has a small rubber grommet in in and it has a cap nut on the outside

in pics i can find on the net it has a washer under the cap nut but i don't know if it is a flat washer or a standoff washer as i can't find my manual

Cheers

James

Welcome TREX :icon_evilgrin:

Is THIS any help :icon_whistle:

cheers para hows that ask on an overseas sight and a bloody aussie answers correctly

i suppose you are gonna tell me that it is because your TITANIUM bird is faster :icon_rolleyes:

i should of just pm'd you on oz bb it would of been faster (trex 450se)

cheers para hows that ask on an overseas sight and a bloody aussie answers correctly

i suppose you are gonna tell me that it is because your TITANIUM bird is faster :icon_rolleyes:

fucken sheep shaggers.

KIWI's are fucken sheep shaggers.

There fixed that for Ya :icon_evilgrin:

one of those stupid washers that honda love to use everywhere that has a small piece of tube attached on one side of the washer around the inner hole usually 5 to 10 mm in length so that you don't squash the item being held in place

Ahh. We're calling that a bushing. Honda calls it a collar.

KIWI's are fucken sheep shaggers.

There fixed that for Ya :icon_evilgrin:

you can yell all you like ............................ we all know its about you guys :icon_whistle:

exactly what is waltzing matilda about?

Well, welcome aboard, Trexx....and thanks a lot for hurting the feelings of our lil' kiwi member. :icon_rolleyes:

Now we'll have him coming around crying on everyone's shoulders

exactly what is waltzing Matilda about?

WALTZING MATILDA The act of carrying the ‘swag’ (an alternate colloquial term is ‘humping the bluey’).

Matilda is an old Teutonic female name meaning ‘mighty battle maid’. This may have informed the use of ‘Matilda’ as a slang term to mean a de facto wife who accompanied a wanderer. In the Australian bush a man’s swag was regarded as a kind of de facto wife, hence his ‘Matilda’. (Letter to Rt. Hon. Sir Winston Churchill, KG from Harry Hastings Pearce, 19 February 1958. Harry Pearce Papers, NLA Manuscript Collection, MS2765)

Down came a jumbuck to drink at that billabong

Up jumped the swagman and grabbed him with glee,

And he sang as he shoved that jumbuck in his tucker bag

You'll come a Waltzing Matilda with me.

Waltzing Matilda, Waltzing Matilda,

You'll come a Waltzing Matilda with me,

And he sang as he shoved that jumbuck in his tucker bag

You'll come a Waltzing Matilda with me.

As highlighted "the swagman Stuffed the sheep in his tucker bag"

That is so he could EAT it for dinner at a later date unlike the Kiwi's who use them as brides and SEX Slaves :icon_think: :icon_evilgrin:

Yes yes I am sure you'd like everyone to think your just sheep stealers instead of the sheep shaggers that you are.................

you think we cant see through this? shoved a sheep in his Tucker bag? how fucking big a tucker bag is this?

:icon_whistle:

post-2671-1211107929.jpg

1. sheep shagger

A person who sneaks into a farm and has sexual intercourse wuth them.

john:hey guess what i saw?

Terry:What?

John:Mel Gibson sneaking into a farm

Terry:That dirty sheep shagger

shoved a sheep in his Tucker bag? how fucking big a tucker bag is this? :icon_whistle:

Doesn't have to be very big to fit in a Lamb ( a bit like a Kiwi's Dick :icon_evilgrin::icon_whistle: )

Hmmm You do know Mel Gibson is a Yank :icon_whistle:

Mel Columcille Gerard Gibson was born on January 3, 1956, in Peekskill, New York, USA
:icon_rolleyes:

shoved a sheep in his Tucker bag? how fucking big a tucker bag is this? :icon_whistle:

Doesn't have to be very big to fit in a Lamb ( a bit like a Kiwi's Dick :icon_evilgrin::icon_whistle: )

Hmmm You do know Mel Gibson is a Yank :icon_whistle:

Mel Columcille Gerard Gibson was born on January 3, 1956, in Peekskill, New York, USA
:icon_rolleyes:

:icon_naughty:

So, off they went, via Ireland, Scotland, England and Rome, where the kids were shown their Celtic heritage (Mel's the name of an Irish saint - and it's NOT Melvin) and spent time at the Vatican. They arrived in Australia in November of 1968 and settled in a suburb north of Sydney. Mel was sent to St Leo's College, run by the Christian Brothers, where he was picked on mercilessly for his accent. Rebelling against the repressive regime, he got "whacked around for smoking, fighting, not following their stupid rules". Eventually, Hutton pulled him out and sent him to a state school - Asquith High - where he became a proper Aussie bloke, drinking , brawling and the rest. He did date a little, but usually with his mates along, being extremely shy.

:icon_whistle: