CBR1100XX.org Forum

FS 2003 'Bird

Long story short.......I have some irons in the fire right now with a business venture. That means all toys must go. Including my beloved 'Bird. I won't go into too much detail as it is Dutch's old bike. If you know Dutch and his bikes then I don't have to explain further. Those who attended NeXXt 07 saw it.

2003 CBR1100XX

17xxx miles

Yoshi cans

6mm rear shim

New cush drive

Frame sliders

Headlight Modulator

Whistler Cruisader Integrated Radar/Laser Detector with helmet module.

Rear Pilot Power has about 3K miles on it, front about 4K.

Plastics are nearly perfect. No issues. No drops, tipovers or other shenanigans.

The bike is flawless. I changed all fluids in November and went with Mobil One synth which was recently (last week) just replaced as well.

$6000 takes it. In God We Trust, all others pay cash or certified funds. I am willing to work with the buyer on shipping, trailering, meeting within a reasonable distance or even making freight arrangements if needed. I will make a reasonable shipping concession to a serious buyer.

Interested, PM me or call my cell at 662-212-4851 anytime.

Gene

post-11073-1210703532.jpg

post-11073-1211905390.jpg

post-11073-1211905449.jpg

Very nice bike, it'll sell quick. I wish I had room and $ for another. But I have a question. How do you like the radar detector? Where did you mount the display? Any chance of posting a pictures?

No takers? Im trying to avoid Egay!

I've seen lesser 'Birds go for more on the E-Gay.

I see the bike also has the fender eliminator kit (the way it should be).

*** I'm also interested to see this integrated radar detector system.***

For those that want to see the radar/laser set-up, I will post pics tonight. I agree that Egay bikes are getting a little more, but I simply don't have the time to deal with some of their bullshit. I have had kids play games with me on there. Besides, I'd rather see the bike go to someone who will appreciate it. Oh yeah, I can also avoid Egay's fees and PayPal's butt raping.

The radar and laser unit is mounted under the headlight as seen in the two pics. The readout is on the cockpit as seen in the other pic. Notice the LED mounted above the tach. It works great at night and early morning/evening but is useless in sunlight. There is a helmet module that flashes a red LED into your peripheral that works amazingly well.

The front unit has an ambient air thermocoupler that gives you an ambient temp readout on the panel (gee whiz stuff really but it also has a freeze warning feature). The unit is hardwired into the battery and it also gives you voltage readings (cool feature actually). I have fluked it and it is dead-on accurate.

• 2 weeks later...
And how little do you know... :icon_twisted: That picture was taken by me when I owned it. Ha!!! :icon_biggrin:

Ummm..yeah, I made you wash it the day we took the pic! :icon_whistle: :icon_nana:

I miss her......... :icon_cry: