CBR1100XX.org Forum

Powerlet placement

BigArn

High, got a 2002 XX, and need to get power up to the front of the bike for my radar detector. Bought a panel style Powerlet plug, and was going to put it in the front panel that is under the instrument cluster. Any other places that might be a better choice. Just a little concerned with clearance behind that panel, there seems to be enough, but I want to be sure before drilling a hole in it.

Thanks

Mark S.

High, got a 2002 XX, and need to get power up to the front of the bike for my radar detector. Bought a panel style Powerlet plug, and was going to put it in the front panel that is under the instrument cluster. Any other places that might be a better choice. Just a little concerned with clearance behind that panel, there seems to be enough, but I want to be sure before drilling a hole in it.

Thanks

Mark S.

Where are you putting the detector? If you put it on a mount, Powerlet makes the whole setup, but yeah, you still have to mount an outlet somewhere. You know you can hardwire your detector into the bike & bypass any powerlet expense entirely? Check and see, but your detector may not need anything but a 12V power source.