CBR1100XX.org Forum

WTB low mileage '00 or '03 Blackbird

In the next couple of months I AM going to buy either a 2000 (because fuel injected with analog gauges and cool color), or a 2003 (because last year in U.S.A. and motorcycles should only come in black) Honda CBR1100XX. If I could, I would buy a brand new one in the U.K. I'm very anal about maintenance and keeping everything clean. So, low mileage and in pristine condition. I live in Minnesota. I flew into DFW airport 2 years ago to buy my '93 CB7 (that's Honda Accord if your unfamiliar with www.CB7tuner.com ); because 1. it's black, 2. 68500 on odometer when I picked it up, and 3. down south where salt had never a chance to get into the wheel wells and make rust holes in the quarter panels. So, location isn't that big of a deal. I'm selling my Blackbird predecessor; 1991 Honda CBR1000f on craigslist. Hopefully I will find what I am looking for before the 1000f sells. After waiting months for winter to end I hate to miss time on the road. Thank you for your help!!! After I own one and can become more familiar with the motorcycle I can contribute to the forum. E-mail address is kropelin@frontiernet.net

In the next couple of months I AM going to buy either a 2000 (because fuel injected with analog gauges and cool color), or a 2003 (because last year in U.S.A. and motorcycles should only come in black) Honda CBR1100XX.

Just my opinion but don't limit yourself to only the fuel injected models. I put 20K on my '02 model before I sold it (to get a cruiser...mistake). Now I have a '98 XX (yes, it's black) that I got mint with 14K mi on it and to be perfectly honest, I like it better than my FI one. I got it jetted and piped and it's simply awesome and run NOTICEABLY cooler than my FI one did. The only knock on my '02 is that they do run hot....but never overheat. My carb'd Bird seems to run a lot cooler so far and is simply awesome and I got it for the price of a new Ninja 250.

Just my .02

• 5 weeks later...