CBR1100XX.org Forum

Progress report

TPXX

First post in this group, hope ya'll don't mind! I started my horsepower improvement at the beginning of December and so far have gained 7 horsepower! :icon_biggrin: Sadly I still need to gain another 11 horsepower to reach my objective. I recently started walking two miles a day and that seems to helping. The diet has been low carb. Went through christmas and birthday with only one cheat for my birthday dinner.... mmmmm... Papadaux's....... ! :icon_biggrin: Looking forward to not being the most horsepower challenged at some of these meets!

Those results are awesome! I have found that walking is a great exercise, but also allows me to think through problems, etc.

Congratulations!

Mike

Thanks! I hope by TEXXT, That I'll be a shadow of my former self. Just need to remember my motivation, I like being here! No sense hurrying my ultimate demise. I'll post any new milestones.

Congrats in the great results. I too started the low carb thing about a month ago, I'm up 2hp and my pants fit better. Just got an elliptical machine so that should speed things up a bit. I'd like to be up another 4hp then get off of the low carb and just watch my diet & exercise. Keep up the good work.

Congrats in the great results. I too started the low carb thing about a month ago, I'm up 2hp and my pants fit better. Just got an elliptical machine so that should speed things up a bit. I'd like to be up another 4hp then get off of the low carb and just watch my diet & exercise. Keep up the good work.

I had considered an elliptical but the cheaper units were not rated very well and the ones which were rated highly were expensive! Walking is free so it will do for now.

I picked up a cheap unit for $50 on ebay in like new condition. It should work for awhile and if I stick with it we can pick up a better unit in the future.

• 4 weeks later...

It's been a month since my first update and I have gained another 1.5 horsepower! :icon_naughty: Had a little cheat for my anniversary and it really seemed to help me out of a slump. After the cheat day, I lost 3 lbs in two days! I think I may have to cheat once every couple of weeks just to get things going. Any one else had this experience?

It's been a month since my first update and I have gained another 1.5 horsepower! :icon_naughty: Had a little cheat for my anniversary and it really seemed to help me out of a slump. After the cheat day, I lost 3 lbs in two days! I think I may have to cheat once every couple of weeks just to get things going. Any one else had this experience?

Yep. Sometimes you need to kick that metabolism in the ass.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Update! I haved been sticking with this, and am proud to report I've lost a total of 70 lbs!! :icon_dance: :icon_clap: I also broke the 300lb barrier! For the first time in probably 8 years my weight does not start with a 3!!!!! I think I need a new bike reward or something!! :icon_biggrin:

Update! I haved been sticking with this, and am proud to report I've lost a total of 70 lbs!! :icon_dance: :icon_clap: I also broke the 300lb barrier! For the first time in probably 8 years my weight does not start with a 3!!!!! I think I need a new bike reward or something!! :icon_biggrin:

Hell yeah!!!

Good for you! I agree you need a new bike reward :icon_biggrin:

Just for fun pick up 70 lbs. of weight and walk around for a while, or even climb some stairs as a reminder of how it used to be.

Hell yeah!!!

Just for fun pick up 70 lbs. of weight and walk around for a while, or even climb some stairs as a reminder of how it used to be.

Right on!

I agree. Pick up 70# and remind yourself what it felt like.

I droped out's the 300# range this year too! feels great don't it!?!?!?!?!

WOW Wes that's great keep it up!!!!!

I am up 1.5 HP in the last month too :icon_biggrin:

WOW Wes that's great keep it up!!!!!

I am up 1.5 HP in the last month too :icon_biggrin:

Congrats! Hopefully I will be a sexy beast next time you see me! :icon_evilgrin:

• 2 weeks later...

You low carb guys....

Make sure you are getting enough good carbs. Lots of veggies, nuts, oatmeal, brown rice, and anything else that isn't processed.

If you're feeling tired and ragged out you should add in some carbs and maybe even more protien.

• 1 year later...

Well its been a long time since any updates and a lot has happened. Low carb diet was not working. I plateaued big time for over four months. Nothing worked and I got discouraged and quit the diet. Gained back some of the weight but not all of it. A few months ago I started again but this time no low carb, just low calorie and exercise and determination. Results have been great! I'm down in the 270's and dropping. I hope by spring time to be closing in on my goal of 220 lbs. That will be awesome. The most important thing has been adjusting my attitude about food and really just looking at it as fuel. I get to eat a little of anything I want but stop way sooner. So far so good and the best thing is when I reach my goal, I get to start eating more until I figure out where my "balance" point is. I hope the rest of you who are trying are having good results also.

Great to hear Wes!!

That’s kind of what I’m doing, I started trying to intake no more than 1500 calories a day . The sad part for me is just a few beers can ruin a whole day. Was just trying to get a head of the holidays because they aren’t good for you …… down 16lbs so far, but that’s not counting the fish fry last Saturday can’t wait to add up that days worth of food. Keeping track of everything I intake has really shown me some of my bad behaviors! Not sure how to fix that.

Great to hear Wes!!

That’s kind of what I’m doing, I started trying to intake no more than 1500 calories a day . The sad part for me is just a few beers can ruin a whole day. Was just trying to get a head of the holidays because they aren’t good for you …… down 16lbs so far, but that’s not counting the fish fry last Saturday can’t wait to add up that days worth of food. Keeping track of everything I intake has really shown me some of my bad behaviors! Not sure how to fix that.

Don't get to skinny Jay, You know how much I like a love handle! :icon_biggrin: If you lost sixteen pounds you should not have much to go huh? You were not heavy to start with. Part of what I do is log my calories. I try to do 1500 calories a day but walk almost every day for over an hour. The net calorie intake is around 900 calories. Works great so far. The connie is gaining all kinds of horsepower! :icon_evilgrin:

Don't get to skinny Jay, You know how much I like a love handle! :icon_biggrin: If you lost sixteen pounds you should not have much to go huh? You were not heavy to start with.

Oh stop you!! I'm starting to blush...... :icon_redface:

Great work guys. In addition to the weight you are losing think about how much bigger your dick is getting...or hell just the fact that you can see it again. :icon_twisted:

Have you been peaking down my pants?? I know I'm more impressed with it now!! :icon_biggrin:

• 1 month later...

OK Its been a little while and Redbird's post made me update here. I'm still seeing good results and today I weighed and for the first time in God knows how long, I am under 250 lbs. I'm 6'-1" and shooting for somewhere around 200 to 215 as my goal. I'm hoping in the next two months or so to get there!

OK Its been a little while and Redbird's post made me update here. I'm still seeing good results and today I weighed and for the first time in God knows how long, I am under 250 lbs. I'm 6'-1" and shooting for somewhere around 200 to 215 as my goal. I'm hoping in the next two months or so to get there!

Great work! I'm coming to meet you. I'm up close to 15 lbs over the past few months.