CBR1100XX.org Forum

no fuel pump

lexxus

I may need a ecm. i'am having a problem getting my fuel pump to purge. I have jumped it, So i know its working,But not when i hit the on/off switch.I changed all the fuse's, Changed the BAS, The relays, check the on/off switch.I've checked grounds.Nothing but clicking form the relay. I don't know whats happened.Since i put the bike away for the winter,this was the first time checking to see if the pump would run,just curious,And nothing else but thinking about riding a couple weeks from now.So maybe the ecm for some odd reason,Just took a crap on me.

Never Mind. I went to a friends house,who also has a99. We switched ecm's and mine,Works. But thanks keith, and joe (rockmeupto125) for offering me the use of your ecm to test on my bike. YOU THE MAN! Now i will try the on/off switch again. :icon_dance:

Never Mind. I went to a friends house,who also has a99. We switched ecm's and mine,Works. But thanks keith, and joe (rockmeupto125) for offering me the use of your ecm to test on my bike. YOU THE MAN! Now i will try the on/off switch again. :icon_dance:

Well well, more drama. Replaced the switch,thanks stan(cbrxxquad) for the use of it.But that was'nt the problem either. The problem is the pc3. I checked all the ground wires, looking at the schematics in the service manual, I noticed the ground wires from the fuel relay,Went to the fuel injectors,So i removed the pc3,Plugged the oem injector's back in, turned the key,And the pump comes on.Now my problem is ,Why is the pc3 grounding out the fuel pump,When it is installed?After i put the oem injector plugs back on,and the pump worked.I reinstalled the pc3,And the same thing happened,No pump.Has anybody had these symptoms before,When installing a pc3? I have the install instructions W/Pic's.

I still think the problem lies in the way the PCIII is hooked up. There's no way for it to disable the fuel pump unless it is grounding a circuit it shouldn't be.

When you get it hooked back up, check the display on the PCIII (like we talked about), and if the display is working, try disconnecting the TPS wire and injector connectors one at a time until the fuel pump comes back. I'm guessing either the TPS tap is wrong, or one of the injector connectors is reversed.

I still think the problem lies in the way the PCIII is hooked up. There's no way for it to disable the fuel pump unless it is grounding a circuit it shouldn't be.

When you get it hooked back up, check the display on the PCIII (like we talked about), and if the display is working, try disconnecting the TPS wire and injector connectors one at a time until the fuel pump comes back. I'm guessing either the TPS tap is wrong, or one of the injector connectors is reversed.

I also seem to remember a thread saying that it's important to ground the PCIII to the battery and not earth (frame). Good luck with your diagnosis.

Display not showing either.

I also seem to remember a thread saying that it's important to ground the PCIII to the battery and not earth (frame). Good luck with your diagnosis.

Pc3 is grounded to battery.

Display not showing either.

Pc3 is grounded to battery.

Fuel pump and PC3 Fixed. :icon_whistle: problem was connection wires were switched.Grounding out fuel pump. thanks chris,For the heads up on the wires coming out of the connectors,So easily. To all with pc3's, If the connections come out of there clips,To make sure, You put them back right. Make sure all the power wires, witch are the red ones, Connect to each other by plugging them into there own connections to match all the red power wire's together. Other wise will ground out. :icon_redface:

Great.

So how's it run? :icon_evilgrin:

Thanks, Hoping for the best.But i wont know how it runs for a couple mores weeks. As i have it inside my apartment. Dinning room/garage and not wanting to pull it out and put it back,waiting for the weather to get consistent enuff to leave outside.