CBR1100XX.org Forum

exhaust

kg4fku

I want to buy a new exhaust system. I need a 4-2-2 system because of the beetle bags. I want a full system not just a slip on. I would also like a mello sound and not real raspy. What are my choices and what is the best system.

About a month or two ago I put some ERION slipon's on. Absolutely LOVE them. They look and sound incredible. Great sound at idle (nice and low) , then around 5,000rpm they start to scream. They were described to me as F-1 sound, and thats exactly what they are. Performance wise, I did notice the bike seems to be alot more free revving, w/ a more noticeable in both the mid range and upper rpm. Now she pulls all the way to redline, where as before there was a decrease at about 10,000. Arent you in Florida? I could bring it by or we could meet. Give you a chance to see and hear em in person. You could also measure to see if they would fit or not. PM me and let me know. Good luck

Sorry to say that you're not going to find a full aftermarket system that gives you the split mufflers, "one on each side of the bike".

Besides why would you a full after market exhaust like this? Honda does already have an excellent header pipe installed.

I would stick with just the slip-ons.

Look to Erion, TBR, Micron, Akopovick, "speeling" Leo Vincey, "i'm sure i'm missing a few" for some of the very best systems on the market.

• 5 months later...

I would suggest a set of Leo Vince pipes for a nice mello throaty sound. I don't think they make a full system and keep the dual pipes though. I got the slip-ons and love them :wink:

They fit great, sound great, top notch quality, and not every body has them

I have only seen one other bike GSXR600 with a leo pipe on it around here.