CBR1100XX.org Forum

Factory Pro Shift Kit

jon haney

No special tool just thread in the bolt a few turns then I use a screw driver to lift it up over the shift star while I tighten the bolt the rest of the way

No special tool just thread in the bolt a few turns then I use a screw driver to lift it up over the shift star while I tighten the bolt the rest of the way

I tried that once, but the spring slipped out of the stop on the engine case. I'll screw the bolt in a little farther and see if that helps. Thanks.

um spring slipped out??? Where are you putting the spring??????

Just to the left of the stud where the detent arm bolts on, there is a flat spot molded into the engine cases where the other end (the end without the hook) of the spring rests to keep it from turning. I guess you could call it a "spring stop". When I hook the spring onto the detent arm, it just barely catches this flat spot. When I started prying with a screw driver, it slipped off this flat spot allowing the spring to rotate freely around the stud. I'm going to try it again tonight and see what happens.

um spring slipped out??? Where are you putting the spring??????

Just to the left of the stud where the detent arm bolts on, there is a flat spot molded into the engine cases where the other end (the end without the hook) of the spring rests to keep it from turning. I guess you could call it a "spring stop". When I hook the spring onto the detent arm, it just barely catches this flat spot. When I started prying with a screw driver, it slipped off this flat spot allowing the spring to rotate freely around the stud. I'm going to try it again tonight and see what happens.

Well its been a while since i did it in my XX but I did just do one the other day in a 900RR and there wasnt a spring stop just the end of the spring rested against the side of the casing... I dont remember having any issued doing it on the XX... but I have done them quite a few times on other bikes.

post-4262-1203543612.jpg

there wasnt a spring stop just the end of the spring rested against the side of the casing...

We're talking about the same thing, just different terminology, I guess. Anyway, it's all done. I removed the star on the end of the drum, pryed the arm back with a screw driver, and then put the star back on. I may have been a little over cautious, but it seemed a lot easier that way and I didn't have to use my "Big Boy" muscles. :icon_biggrin:

Thanks for the responses guys.

P.S. That is a nice bunch of bikes you have CBRBEAR. What the heck is a PS1000LE?

Ducati Paul Smart 1000 Limited Edition

Two limited edition Ducs, an SV650, and a Blackbird? This must be the kind of envy my mother warned me about!

Where exactly do you live? :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: