CBR1100XX.org Forum

Bullseye

I bragged about going riding on President's Day and I paid. I took a rock to the absolute nose of the bike. The result is a 2" hole directly below the headlight. The inspection plate is gone too. I guess I was lucky that the light didn't take the hit. In the hands of the right person I think it could be repaired and painted good as new. I've done some glass work buy I'm not sure I can make this look right? Can one still order factory replacement parts or is my best hope ebay? Thanks!

I took a rock to the absolute nose of the bike. The result is a 2" hole directly below the headlight.

WOW :icon_eek:

You could of taken a rock to an open helmet visor...... that would of been real bad.

Still sucks.

I thought exactly the same thing. I wonder if a shield would stand up to that kind of a blow? It looks like MR Cycle has the best price. Does it come ready to install? If I'm going to end up pulling the fairing it may be time to do the HID and mirror extenders too. If anyone has one of these they want to sell, even if I had to get it painted post up.

I thought exactly the same thing. I wonder if a shield would stand up to that kind of a blow? It looks like MR Cycle has the best price. Does it come ready to install? If I'm going to end up pulling the fairing it may be time to do the HID and mirror extenders too. If anyone has one of these they want to sell, even if I had to get it painted post up.

It comes painted and exactly as your old one was, except brand spankin' new!