CBR1100XX.org Forum

ADVENTURES IN FAILURE

lensmanxx

:icon_wall: :icon_wall: :icon_wall: Well, I tried to install my Kisan headlight pulse module today. First, I discovered you CAN'T reach under to access the bulbs on a 1997, the fairing blocks it, and there's no quick access panel. So, I ended up removing the inner cowl pieces to start. Nope, not enough room to access the bulbs. Nexxt, remove the fairing and unmount the instrument cluster. Now, I can reach the bulbs, still an absolut bitch.

What do I find to my surprise, but the bulbs are two prong, H7s not the H4s I saw on the specs online. The module is wired for the H4s. Schiznit. Hopefully Kisan can tell me how to rewire it, as opposed to waiting for a new module.

At least I was able to mount my Zero Grav sport touring windscreen.

Stuff like this has me thinking to turn my bike into a naked.

A lot of aftermarket bulb merchants, including Punjab and Ishtar on eGay erroneously list the XX bulb as an H4. Be careful where you get your information....few people care that much about it other than the manufacturer and enthusiasts such as those folks here.

Kisan should be open in a half hour, I'll post their reply.

Well... I spoke to Andy at Kisan. It's a polarity issue. So, I might have to remove the center spade lug to get the ground connections to match. At least I don't have to send it back. Next, I need to invent a guide rail to allow easy removal/insertion of the connectors to the bulbs. I don't know how people with large hands can do it.

Well... I spoke to Andy at Kisan. It's a polarity issue. So, I might have to remove the center spade lug to get the ground connections to match. At least I don't have to send it back. Next, I need to invent a guide rail to allow easy removal/insertion of the connectors to the bulbs. I don't know how people with large hands can do it.

I just remove the front fairing, no risk of damage then and probably just as quick............... and much less frustrating.

• 3 weeks later...

I received a replacement module- it works just fine. If I had hardwired it in the begining, I wouln't have had any problems. I sent Andy pics of the installation.

We had been talking on the phone about the problem ( diode gave out when I reversed an adapter connection). My pics are going onto his (kisan) website for installation help with the bike- my contribution to biking. :icon_biggrin: