CBR1100XX.org Forum

Where to buy chain, sprocket, brakes?

So with the dollar so good, I'd like to find a place that has inexpensive maintenance items like chain, sprockets and brakes. Any suggestions? Preferably in the US so that it doesn't take forever for it to make up here to Canada. Or even in Canada, but I doubt it'd be as cheap.

Thanks!

I had a look at the site and then took the numbers and went to my local dealer. I was planning on seeing what the difference was and if it was worth it with the dollar being decent.

Well, he asked what I was up to and I told him that I saw the stuff online and I realize that it can't match specifically, but how close was the prices.

Well, I got the chain and sprockets for 200. And then I got the brakes at 35 each. The price of the chain online was 107, then the sprockets where to call for a price, but I checked around and they were roughly 60ish for the two.

Taking in the delay in shipping, as well as the shipping. It wasn't costing me any more than 20 bucks extra, if even that, by buying it locally AND I'm buying local. So for the first time in a long time, it was worth going to a dealer.

On a side note, I went to the dealer for a part for my subaru and they wanted 225. I checked online and got it and shipped to me for 80 US. So normally I go with the online if it's going to be significantly cheaper, but in the case of the bike parts it wasn't.

Thanks for the places though.