CBR1100XX.org Forum

Stainless steel brakelines

runner

Who is running Galfers or equivalent stainless steel brake lines?

Are they worth the trouble and have they helped measurably with braking performance ?

My search didn't turn up much information...thanks

I had a set of Goodridge lines on my '98 bird. They take out all the initial squish from the lever & pedal & have much better feel than the OEM rubber lines. Not cheap as there are ALOT (11 or 12), bits of hose, but that is why they make such a difference.

I had a set of Goodridge lines on my '98 bird. They take out all the initial squish from the lever & pedal & have much better feel than the OEM rubber lines. Not cheap as there are ALOT (11 or 12), bits of hose, but that is why they make such a difference.

I just did the front 2 lines. Still totally worth the money and time.

I just did the front 2 lines. Still totally worth the money and time.

I de-linked my brakes and went with the Galfer 2-line kit. Brake feel is a lot better (i.e. firmer). De-linking the brakes should be the first thing you do to a bird. They suck. There is still plenty of brake power even if you don't drill the middle pistons in the calipers. It was nice to get rid of all the extra plumbing. I'm now in the process of re-building the calipers and drilling the middle pistons. Can't wait to feel the results.