CBR1100XX.org Forum

CCT....uh ohhh.

Emillard

Alright, I may have messed up the CCT before I even installed it. Upon opening the package of the new CCT, I looked at the key thingy and pulled it out. So, as I am now trying to instal the thing, the descended CCT will not allow me to bolt it on.

So, did curiosity kill my new CCT or is there a fix?

Thanks.

Simple fix but it might require a extra set of hands.

Use a small flat screw driver in the whole you pulled the key out of. I don't remember if it's clockwise or counter but it will be come aparent when you start turning it as you will see it move in.

You will have to hold the screw driver to stop the CCT from poping back out, while installing. This is where the extra set of hands comes in as it makes it easier.

Simple fix but it might require a extra set of hands.

Use a small flat screw driver in the whole you pulled the key out of. I don't remember if it's clockwise or counter but it will be come aparent when you start turning it as you will see it move in.

You will have to hold the screw driver to stop the CCT from poping back out, while installing. This is where the extra set of hands comes in as it makes it easier.

Thanks XX Rider. I did what you suggested and it worked great. I'm going to limit my curiosity from now on. :icon_whistle:

The CCT lock that you took out is also a handy thing to use to rewind the tensioner and (hint) lock it in place while you install it....just like it came out of the package!

Now it will be a 5 minute job next time. :icon_biggrin:

Ahhh yes, looking back it all makes sense now. Gosh, what it was like to be young and stupid. :icon_biggrin:

Okay, so how do I know when to replace the CCT? All this talk of replacing it is freaking me out... Now, not to be naive but is it obvious? My bike is a 98 bird with just over 12k miles... when do I start to worry?

PS love the pic of bike maintenance... been there...

Okay, so how do I know when to replace the CCT? All this talk of replacing it is freaking me out... Now, not to be naive but is it obvious? My bike is a 98 bird with just over 12k miles... when do I start to worry?

PS love the pic of bike maintenance... been there...

12k on a 98?? Geez man go ride the damn thing already :icon_evilgrin:

It will sound like a can of marbles at about 3-4k RPM.

When it comes to basic MC maintenance you

1199235999314.jpg

Thats gonna leave a mark :icon_doh: