CBR1100XX.org Forum

I have started my first ever get-fit-this-year new years resolution! Stumbled upon this group again and wondered if anyone else out there was doing the same?

My goal is to lose close to 25 lbs OR to be able to fit into a 2/3 dress size. I'm not overweight, (close, but not quite BMI-wise) but I have a pretty tiny bone structure without any real curves... so when I start getting curves that's kind of a problem :icon_eek:

SO... anybody got fitness-related goals this year?

OK, I'm putting this to paper.

6' 220#.

BMI puts me at overweight, not obese.

I have been lifting a lot last year, gonna step it up another notch and cut the drinking in half *again*. Military weight was 182, but I'm bigger muscle-wise so I can expect to find the hint of a six pack at ~195, which is what I'm shooting for.

There, I said it, lets see if I stick to it :icon_confused:

I took the last couple weeks off from lifting. Going to get back to that and also throw in some cardio. I like lifting but hate cardio. Going to try to get leaner. I really need to write down some specific goals though. "Get leaner" is really vague. Also going to try to reign in my diet and get back to eating smarter. I have been eating practically everything in sight during the holidays.

Good luck to everyone in their fitness goals this year.

Starting tomorrow.... I have put together a diet plan and workout schedule.

Plan to cut up while losing 10-12 pounds over the next 60 days.

Taking my "before" pictures tomorrow morning and heading to the gym tomorrow afternoon.

Gawd, I'm not looking forward to eating oatmeal and egg whites.

Taking my "before" pictures tomorrow morning and heading to the gym tomorrow afternoon.

Try using splenda, cinnimon and a bit of honey in the oatmeal. For the egg whites try Eggbeaters. They ARE egg whites that have been pasturized. You can just pour some in the pan and go. They are actually more nutritious than regular egg whites. You can also get them in veggie or southwest which are really good. Otherwise hotsauce is your friend.

I was just getting ready to start a post and spotted this...

New Years morning 196 lbs. The heaviest I've been in years :icon_redface: I'm 5'10" and most of the weight gain is in my gut. I look like shit, feel like shit and need to do something.

Sooo....

My wife does Weight Watchers and I've decided to join her. She has been very sucessful with the program which I am very proud of. I sort of follow it due to her cooking, but when she doesn't cook for me I go astray. I'm going to learn to cook and eat better for myself. Wednesday we will go to a meeting together and get my fat ass signed up.

Goal is to lose 25 pounds and keep it off.

This morning I weighed in at 193 lbs.

Good luck all!!

Try using splenda, cinnimon and a bit of honey in the oatmeal. For the egg whites try Eggbeaters. They ARE egg whites that have been pasturized. You can just pour some in the pan and go. They are actually more nutritious than regular egg whites. You can also get them in veggie or southwest which are really good. Otherwise hotsauce is your friend.

Thanks.

Did some research after I posted last night and ran across those same answers. Today I picked up some organic brown sugar and some egg beaters. Those things are 'spensive!! Ouch.

It's almost cheaper to be fat :icon_redface:

Been working out over the last few months but not regularly enough. As the holidays approached I slacked big time except for the last week before Christmas where I pushed myself to get to the gym and do serious cardio where I actually managed to run 3 miles in under 30 minutes without injury or anything. Went into Christmas down from 235 to 227, came out of the two weeks at around 229.

Goal: <200 but not getting sick/colds while doing so. Then once I hit 199 or less, go for <190 but on a slower path.

I have no intent to increase muscle mass, just be toned and lean.

I did the Adkin's diet once and dropped to sub-200 in about 6 weeks, seems to work well for my body's chemistry, but what a PITA with respect to eating at work and being around more normal people.

The bike is ready to go for the tune up, now I need to get tuned up for the cheapest performance gains possible.

Whadda ya mean?

I am in the same boat the hollidays really put a hurtin on me I am 5' 9" and I am wieghing in at 191 I have not been this heavy since I was in school gravity is a very bad thing. :icon_redface:

I would like to loose at least 10 lbs and tone up what muscle I do have maybe build a little more. Basically push my gut upward. :icon_biggrin:

My wife and I are going to exercise together cause she needs to do it for her back and she would also like to loose about 10 lbs.

Here is to everyone :icon_drunks: lets all try to keep our goals.

Good Luck to all

Been working out over the last few months but not regularly enough. As the holidays approached I slacked big time except for the last week before Christmas where I pushed myself to get to the gym and do serious cardio where I actually managed to run 3 miles in under 30 minutes without injury or anything. Went into Christmas down from 235 to 227, came out of the two weeks at around 229.

Goal: <200 but not getting sick/colds while doing so. Then once I hit 199 or less, go for <190 but on a slower path.

I have no intent to increase muscle mass, just be toned and lean.

I did the Adkin's diet once and dropped to sub-200 in about 6 weeks, seems to work well for my body's chemistry, but what a PITA with respect to eating at work and being around more normal people.

The bike is ready to go for the tune up, now I need to get tuned up for the cheapest performance gains possible.

Whadda ya mean?

For some reason, if I diet hard, even focusing on vegetables/fruits, I end up getting colds. It seems that a pace of 2-4 lbs per week is too aggressive for my body to handle??

Not really sure.

When I was half my current age (in my 20's) I could lose a lb a day if I wanted to and never had an issue. Now, if I push it too hard too fast, I pay for it.

Anyone else ever have that issue??

Include multi-vitamins and amino acids with your heavy workouts and that should help, no?

I hope I don't get sick. Dammit

**edited**... include them with ALL your workouts.... yeah, that's it!

As far as getting sick goes..

When I work out really hard, then don't get rest, I catch a cold.

I've found making sure I get enough sleep (I have no kids, so it's pretty easy) is the key. Also, I take an average of 5000mg of vitamin C a day, and I have found that when I do get a cold, I've cut it from a 14-16 day ordeal to around 6. Even when I am sick, I don't feel as bad.

FWIW

I have started my first ever get-fit-this-year new years resolution! Stumbled upon this group again and wondered if anyone else out there was doing the same?

My goal is to lose close to 25 lbs OR to be able to fit into a 2/3 dress size. I'm not overweight, (close, but not quite BMI-wise) but I have a pretty tiny bone structure without any real curves... so when I start getting curves that's kind of a problem :icon_eek:

SO... anybody got fitness-related goals this year?

:icon_needpics:

On a serious note, I am shooting to get back to 210.

Before my hip went south I found 210 a good "fighting weight" so to speak.

So I have my work cut out for me. I think I am about 250 right now.

I recently found a nice cheap gym(Snap fitness) that opened in a convenient spot for me to hit on the way home from work.

For some added motivation, a friend asked me to play volleyball again.

I was a pretty competitive player before my hip gave up.

So I feel it has helped me find incentive/motivation to work out and be more careful with my nutrition.

Good luck all with your goals.

189 lbs.

7 lbs. lost since 1/1/08.

I've decided to skip the WW meetings (due to the leader being what many call an asshole) and put the $12 dollars a week in a jar. I've been following the points system and have changed many of my eating (and drinking) habits. I'm trying to decide between joining a local gym or purchasing some excercise equipment. As of now I'm leaning towards buying some equipment as it is much easier for me to find time to work out at home than drive to the gym. Example... instead of spending the first half hour of my morning fooling around on here I could workout :icon_twisted:

I've resolved to get at least 3 good workouts per week. I'm averaging about 1 or 2 right now, probably nearer to 1

A "good workout" is at least 30 min good, challenging cardio, plus some weight training and stretching. I feel like it's acheievable, and I'll build on the 3 per week as we get into the spring months.

Mike

I've resolved to get at least 3 good workouts per week. I'm averaging about 1 or 2 right now, probably nearer to 1

A "good workout" is at least 30 min good, challenging cardio, plus some weight training and stretching. I feel like it's acheievable, and I'll build on the 3 per week as we get into the spring months.

Mike

Gotta get ready for July 13th :icon_whistle:

Brett- I'm doing the WW thing as well and to be honest, I love it! So far, I've dropped a bit over 7lbs so far. I'm not going to meetings simply because I've got a lot on my plate at the moment with 15 credit hours (but I'm actually in class for 18 hours per week. Gross) and 35 hours of work plus homework. The online thing has worked really well so far, especially since I'm online for half the day anyway.

I went to the gym today for the first time in a while and it felt really good. Only ran a reeeaallly slow mile and stretched, which is a lot less than I usually do, but it felt good!

Brett- I'm doing the WW thing as well and to be honest, I love it! So far, I've dropped a bit over 7lbs so far. I'm not going to meetings simply because I've got a lot on my plate at the moment with 15 credit hours (but I'm actually in class for 18 hours per week. Gross) and 35 hours of work plus homework. The online thing has worked really well so far, especially since I'm online for half the day anyway.

I went to the gym today for the first time in a while and it felt really good. Only ran a reeeaallly slow mile and stretched, which is a lot less than I usually do, but it felt good!

EXXcellent! The WW program is fantastic, the only reason I'm not going to the meeting is because of the leader they have at my local WW center. My wife isn't going back either because of her. Yes many people have called to complain so I'm sure the situation will change soon. Have you tried any of the Smart Ones meals yet? They're pretty good and really help with tracking the points. Our local supermarket (Shop Rite) has them on sale for $1.49 to $1.99 on a regular basis so we stock up.

The WW Giant Fudge Bars are very good too :icon_evilgrin:

Weighed in at 187 this morning and that was after eating breakfast :icon_biggrin:

We started a biggest loser competition at work, everyone put in $20 bucks and the winner takes all. we have 30 days. Weighed in jan 4 at 315 my goal is to drop below 300 for the month, but eventually i would like to get to 260. I've cut out pop (soda), fast foods, and fried foods. I have not done any cardio, and I've stopped eating at least 3 hours befor bedtime. weighed in this morning at 304. 11 pounds in 19 days I can live with that, plus this is a routine i can stick with, Its not really dieting just common sense.

Well today is the 30th only 5 more days to go and i've lost 15 pounds. at this rate of a pound every two days i will be Americas Next Supermodel. ha ha

Way to Go!!!

Weighed in at 182 this morning. 14 lbs. lost this month :icon_dance:

Feeling great, but I could really go for a Cheesesteak :icon_drool:

Nice job Brett you got me beat. :icon_redface: I am stuck at 188 but I have not been real strict on my eating, I have been exercising and feel much better but I am weak when it comes to the diet. :icon_wall:

OK, basically 0 change for the month.

No real excuses, I've been keeping it a priority to not lose muscle mass, while cutting the fat away. I talked to Carol here at www.cbass.com who happens to be in my home town. Apparently Clarence is in his seventies, has a few books about bodybuilding and lean mass that he's published over the years.

This is what he looks like at 70...GreatS.jpg

A photo collage of him thru the years...

http://www.cbass.com/PICTORAL.HTM

A few minutes of a conversation with Carol, his wife and I learned a critical error in my training. I bought Ripped 3 and Fit for Life, will try to apply these to my real world. Ill start a separate thread in HP Gain, so anyone interested can track my progress. From looking over the website, I really think you could glean all you need from there, but we'll see.

Ill see if I can get the lady to take a pic of my fat ass (in a tank top, so as not to gross everyone out too much) so the before and after shots are for the record.

Consider this day one and pic added when I get it, when I will also start the new thread.

Just got this from his website, guess I'll make another trip out there and get this book too.

"With all due respect to Clarence Bass, when I heard that he was about to publish a new book (his 8th), I thought to myself, "Old wine in new bottles." After all, Clarence is responsible for writing, to my mind, the definitive texts (the Ripped Series and Lean For Life) on getting and staying lean. Surely, I thought, "He's got nothing left to say." Well, my initial reaction couldn't have been more wrong! In his most meticulously researched and detailed book yet, Challenge Yourself - Leanness, Fitness & Health - At Any Age, Clarence continues to "deliver the goods."

My program is coming along quite nicely.

Started out at 217 ... down to 203 as of today.

Don't really want to lose anymore weight. Just plan to get cut up now.

Hitting the gym 5 days, riding the bike 6-7 days.

Drastically changed my eating/drinking habits.

What a difference a month makes.

My program is coming along quite nicely.

Started out at 217 ... down to 203 as of today.

Don't really want to lose anymore weight. Just plan to get cut up now.

Hitting the gym 5 days, riding the bike 6-7 days.

Drastically changed my eating/drinking habits.

What a difference a month makes.

That right there I think is what is helping me the most. I was drinking at least 5-6 glasses of wine per night, now I'm down to 1 and occasionally 2. Not only is the alcohol empty calories, but it leads you to say "Screw it, pass me another bacon sammich"