CBR1100XX.org Forum

Scott Oiler fs ----SOLD---

Scott oiler with universal kit and duel nozzles.

installed it, didn't like it removed it and went to a pro-oiler.

post-2671-1196884105.jpg post-2671-1196884080.jpg post-2671-1196884061.jpg

post-2671-1196884170.jpg

as you see it with the oil.

$40 plus shipping

What is it about them you like and dislike, having had both.

Think that as I get into longer rides, might have to get one. But don't know any thing about the differences yet.

What is it about them you like and dislike, having had both.

Think that as I get into longer rides, might have to get one. But don't know any thing about the differences yet.

The scott is on all the time,it works off the vacum produced by the engine so whenever the motors running the scot is oiling. plus I couldn't get it running right. messy to.

The pro is only on when the speedo is moving, I can give the chain a shot or two whenever i want to eg: in heavy rain or extremely dry weather, its very adjustable.

the supplied oil container is about a pint. I fitted a pro to the fishes bird he did 5,000ish miles and it was about half empty. It is either messy or to dry until you dial in the correct setting for your riding style.

both systems will prolong the chain life and keeps the chain nice and shiny and less adjusting is required, a lot less.

but to be honest i got it so that i didn't have to carry the fucken chain lube everywhere i went and it's one less thing to worry about. I check the chain daily, most times, so far no problems

installing it is a little time consuming and can be confusing with the instructions but the guy in Belgium who sells them is very good at answering questions and helping you get it going, he responds quickly.

2 cents

I have been using Scottoilers for about 20 years or so now, if YOU DONT BLEED it right the 1st time, it will always act up and be a problem, never an issue with the last 5 scottoilers I have owned!

my 3 cents..........

so?

it was my opinion, I didn't like it and I like the one I have now.

99 cents

Not saying the Scott Oiler is bad but compaired to the Pro-Oiler they aren't in the same league.

Pro-Oiler is computer controlled and accually calcuates distance it uses this to determan the amount of oil, Scott Oiler oils at the same interval no matter what speed or even if your not moving.

That being said a Scott Oiler is much cheaper and lets face it most of the time our bike is running it is doing between 30-70MPH that isn't a huge range and I'm sure you can setup the Scott Oiler to work great in it. The Scott Oiler is likely a easier install as well you don't have to tap into a bunch of wires to get it running.

Still for sale?

I sent a PM on shipping price but nothing came back.

Rob

sorry about that,

the shipping costs are $10.00 via USPS priority mail 2 day delivery. the parcel weighs 3lbs.

pcinpdx has dibs.

Still for sale?

I sent a PM on shipping price but nothing came back.

Rob

sorry about that,

the shipping costs are $10.00 via USPS priority mail 2 day delivery. the parcel weighs 3lbs.

pcinpdx has dibs.

ok throw me in line on sloppy seconds (dibs)

Rob