CBR1100XX.org Forum

97-98 Valve cover.

Youve been on this forum for 4+ years w/2500+posts, & a while ago you were selling pair kits, but you dont know if the valve covers interchange :icon_eh: ?

Instead of a smart ass comment to a board member who has been very helpful to all of us through the years, why don't you do a little research and help him out instead.

Youve been on this forum for 4+ years w/2500+posts, & a while ago you were selling pair kits, but you dont know if the valve covers interchange :icon_eh: ?

Instead of a smart ass comment to a board member who has been very helpful to all of us through the years, why don't you do a little research and help him out instead.

I would but that info is not easy to come by, I figured someone being around that long might have ran accross that info somewhere.

bump.

There is a parts interchange book, I think Joe has a copy of it.

Hell, I got a copy of it. I'm not sure which computer it's on, though.

As far as the pair valve area, the valve covers are the same thru the years since my kits fit all years of blackbirds. I know that the heads are different, likely where the injectors reside, unless they reside in the intake manifold. I don't know, really, whether the valve cover has any other differences from carbureted to injected.

If need be, I'll attempt to find the parts interchange book. If someone has the interchange fische on PDF (that is the format I recall having) PM me with the server location and I will go to the effort to look it up.

But for now, I can only say that I'm sure this fits 97-98 'birds.

As far as the pair valve area, the valve covers are the same thru the years since my kits fit all years of blackbirds. I know that the heads are different, likely where the injectors reside, unless they reside in the intake manifold. I don't know, really, whether the valve cover has any other differences from carbureted to injected.
Cover is the same, only difference in the heads is where the cam position sensor mounts on the side of the head of the FI models.

I'ma send you a beer. PM me your address.

Thanks, Dean.

You too, Joe.

No angst here...