CBR1100XX.org Forum

Frame sliders

Marko

Guys.

I have in my 99 XX frame sliders that have been drilled through the fairing.

I would prefer not to make holes to my 03 XX and therefore I'll ask your help.

Does anyone have any idea where I could find sliders that don't require body modification ?

All of them that I found so far, require body modification :icon_frown:

Fairning bolt mount sliders are a waste of money, unless you have a zero mph tip over. I purchased a set & after recieving them sold them.

The 8mm bolt is surely to break on a lowside thus doing nothing for protection & leaving a broke bolt to deal with later.

My peg lowering brackets didn't fold like they should've when mine tipped. So, I got a bent peg feeler and a shit load less fairing damage. +1 on the lwr brackets/sliders haha! I too would like to know of any decent sliders. I am more than willing to cut holes.

Gotta agree with the rest of the guys... I've done considerable research on the topic recently. Fairing mounted sliders really aren't sliders at all - they're tip-over insurance. The best true sliders for the XX that I've found, that are currently available, are from Motovation Accessories http://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore/Scrip...asp?idproduct=8 They're about $80+ (US) with shipping.

I have a set of the fairing mounted "mushrooms" (new) as sold by Jaws, and a set of Motovation sliders (new)... I never got around to installing either, and now I think I've changed my mind.

If you're interested in either, PM me...

IMHO.......

The best are the R&G Sliders

yes they require holes to be driled in the plastics

They are what I have on my Bird.

I also sell the Jaws Shrooms and if you ever have a tip-over you will wish you had some Shrooms !

The R&G are the best but also the most expensive at $130.00 delivered direct from R&G.

Thanks guys for all feedback. :icon_biggrin:

Guess I have to go with drilling holes to my fairing, just to be safe.

I don't want to get into situation where somebody else drops my bike and fairings get all fucked up.

Better to be safe than sorry...like they say. :icon_biggrin: