CBR1100XX.org Forum

Gauge Upgrade and location

runner

I may have missed this info in the search feature but which gauges are best for upgrades and more importantly where have you mounted them?

An oil pressure gauge and ammeter/voltmeter sure would be useful.

Where have you found a decent mount ...there's little space in the gauge cluster (obviously).

I may have missed this info in the search feature but which gauges are best for upgrades and more importantly where have you mounted them?

An oil pressure gauge and ammeter/voltmeter sure would be useful.

Where have you found a decent mount ...there's little space in the gauge cluster (obviously).

Thats a good question! I'd like to see some options too. Given the Honda RR issues a voltmeter may yield some info. I've seen someone with an Oil Pressure gage down on an oil line that you could see if you looked down into the fairing (not advised for highspeed monitoring of OP).

I've been looking a adding a voltmeter too. I've added a ton of electrical farkles and it would probably be a good idea to keep an eye on the charging system.

I like the second one on this page (Signal Dynamics) it is a little single LED Battery Gauge, that lights up different colors to show voltage.

The first one (Kuryakyn) on the page is pretty slick too.

Is anyone using either of these or something different??

http://www.customdynamics.com/LED_battery_gauge.htm

• 3 weeks later...

If you are running a radar detector many brands will display voltage, Get into the program modes. I run my passport in the voltage mode. It auto switches to radar mode when a signal is dectcted then goes back to voltage.