CBR1100XX.org Forum

watch this,,,,,, repair

cbrxxquad

Well if you missed Texxas 07 you missed a great ride, good people, great home cooked food. Wonderfull time was had by all I am sure no one will mind me saying.

After the ride, and more than a few adult beverages, it was decided that Silverbird should, after some rude behavor by me, see if carbon fiber cords burn. Since he had made it more than 40 miles on the cords to the motel without a flat, I must add. Had to have been in the perputal corner to have done it.

He got out of bed and smoked us out, royaly.

So I felt the need. I must have been more than a little foolish. I had forgot that to make the major bumps that are the cattleguards on the way that I had after adjusting my chain. raised the ride height, which loosened my chain. Was ok for the ride but the chain was a diamond that I got at Bonniville non oring for 50 from the sponsors J and P cycle. Glad to get it but that was 4,000 miles ago. I also had a aluminum atv 520 sprokett that got me home. The new ones form Krause are custom and take 6 months.

So, I get on my Quad and roll over, and spin'em, and throw the chain off the rear. Shit, no biggie, put it back on and do it again.

Dumb!!!

Next time when it throws, the clutch lever pulls all the way. That did not happen last time. Opps.

Chain, takes out the case.

Shit!

O well no biggie, I have another case and some sweet JE pistons that I been wanting to put in and it's the last of the year. Well almost. I do have a three day ride with my wife and her brother and half a dozen others next week. Not good. Gotta tell my wife I was drinkin and broke my bike and my son I did something I have been on his ass a dozen times about.

All he wanted to know was did I have my helmet on.

Well the weather has been good and I have been real sad that I could not get off from work to fix my bike. But today, I did.

Pulled the motor out, and welded the case up.

Not that bad. Took all day. Thought you guys would like to see the repairs.

think I will pull the head and stuff those pistons in.

post-893-1195358146.jpg

post-893-1195358169.jpg

post-893-1195358183.jpg

post-893-1195358195.jpg

post-893-1195358209.jpg

post-893-1195358242.jpg

post-893-1195358275.jpg

post-893-1195358318.jpg

post-893-1195358362.jpg

post-893-1195358383.jpg

post-893-1195358404.jpg

post-893-1195358421.jpg

post-893-1195358440.jpg

So, I get on my Quad and roll over, and spin'em, and throw the chain off the rear. Shit, no biggie, put it back on and do it again.

I nominate this as the most perfectly male quote I've seen posted in a long time.

Good job on the repair. I wish I was half that handy.

Man, that was a serious repair job. Stan you do know your shit! After all of that, you know neither of those burnouts made the video.

I am not sure that that is a bad thing, sad, but no evidence is what I was after. I have another case, but wanted to save this one as it is the original 1,000 mile motor I started out with.

Thanks to all for the respect, but just glad to have done the repair to this motor. And to know tha it can be done by me. Many have made the same mistake with their chain and paid a price with the loss of a great and maybe the perfect bike. We all upgrade our bikes, even if it was the way we wanted. It is in our nature. So if it was from the factory like what we wanted, it would not be correct for another. Imperfect for all may still be the most perfect for all.

Many have needed this repair, and I was not sure if it was worth the effort. Now I know, and it is. We are not likely to get another perfect bike for a while, so save what we have is the name of the game.

There are manyparts that I have welded on this bike, and some are not worth the effort, too porous. Others are worth it. I spent as long trying to repair Niks cracked pan. I am running it now, but am going back to the low profile one I was running. Niks was so full of holes it was a wonder it would hold oil much less threads.

Others pieces are very nice to make liquid.

Sometimes, the price you pay for mistakes, makes you who you are.

And sometimes the price you don't pay, makes you who you are.

Sometimes, the price you pay for mistakes, makes you who you are.

And sometimes the price you don't pay, makes you who you are.

You been watchin Dr. Phil again!!!

First rate Stan! 98% (this may more like 99.9%) of us in the same situation would have junked that motor!