CBR1100XX.org Forum

Elka Shocks?

Keith

Anyone heard of this shock company? What sort of quality and reputation do they have?

I'm quite happy with my Penske, but a friend heard of Elka and wondered what I knew;

since I don't know anything about it, I thought I'd come here to the "well of knowledge" :icon_biggrin:

The company is mainly aimed toward's off-roading, sportquad's,dirtbikes,baja trucks, etc....

Never heard any street use for them, but they might custom build something for the right $$$

They are also on top of the food chain, some of the highest priced too be found.

The company is mainly aimed toward's off-roading, sportquad's,dirtbikes,baja trucks, etc....

Never heard any street use for them, but they might custom build something for the right $$$

They are also on top of the food chain, some of the highest priced too be found.

Interesting. My friend has a CBR1000RR and Elka apparently makes a shock for that bike.

He says it's a "piggy back, two-way system"; I don't know what that means.

Interesting. My friend has a CBR1000RR and Elka apparently makes a shock for that bike.

Two-way means adjustable compression and rebound. The piggy back means the the nitrogen reservoir is bolted to the shock and is not a separate unit. Three-way includes double compression settings (low/high speed)

Two-way means adjustable compression and rebound. The piggy back means the the nitrogen reservoir is bolted to the shock and is not a separate unit. Three-way includes double compression settings (low/high speed)

Ah, OK. Thanks for the clarification!

I have been away from the seen for awhile & last time I looked that's all the made them for (primarily) 3-4yrs ago. Guess Im a bit out of date :icon_sad:

We run them on the race quads. Compression & rebound adjustments, as well as high and low speed adjustments. Quad rate springs also. Internals are the same as Ohlins. Very high quality and support.

Are being beat out by the new Fox float air spring shocks. These are lighter and easier to adjust spring rates. Internals are the same for all purposes. All are wafer over ports rather than spring ball checks.

Here in Canada alot of people use them on the roadrace circuit, Gsxr's, CBR's ZX etc.

they seem to only make them for newer roadrace bike's, people seem to be very pleased with them, they are a little cheaper than a penske, the price might be a little lower here becouse they are made in Canada.

But there bread and butter are offroad machines.