CBR1100XX.org Forum

The end of Fuel Injection?

R1000

It seems there is finally a solution for carbed bikes that provides the perfect air-to-fuel ratio, all the time. I can’t use it since it would make my bike too powerful considering the expensive mods that are already done :icon_neutral: . Don't make the same mistake as me and; port the head, change cams etc. to increase power, which is just a waist of money when there are better solutions.

http://www.thunderproducts.com/dial_a_jet_techpaper.htm

Anyone brave enough to admit using this kit ? :icon_evilgrin:

Im not sure "The end of fuel injection" is the correct title, how about "The beginning of fuel injection"

This system is ages old, & from what I hear are a pain to dial-in properly, lots of time tuning them old carbs.

Was/is widely used on drag/racing bike's, designed to richen midrange & top-end.

:icon_eh:

Dial-A-Jet has even been successfully installed on fuel injection machines. One Arctic Cat dealer wanted to run performance pipes on a 580 EFI. The existing fuel map worked fine on the bottom end and midrange; however, the top end was extremely lean. Dial-A-Jets were installed on the throttle bodies. Fuel was pulled from a remote float bowl (available from Thunder Products) attached to the return line of the fuel injection. Dial-A-Jet cured the top end lean condition. The set-up worked great, yielding a crisp broad power band! The Dial-A-Jets could be adjusted for temperature, altitude, engine load, or fuel quality. The installation was simple and effective. More than 3,500 trouble free miles have been logged on this machine.

I just ordered them for my F4. Seems pretty legit, if it actually works I can't imagine how awesome it would be to not have to fuck with my constantly bitchy carbs.

THANK YOU R1000! :icon_dance:

I want to be meantioned when you rewrite the land speed record diary :icon_cool:

I was interested for a second,but I need something that can lean the mixture.We have carbed yzf1000,it runs like crap in high passes of the Rockies.But this device works the other way,,,,,,,,,

Unless I tune it for 10000 feet and use Dial a Jet for my "normal" elevation,,,,What you say cbrxxquad ?