CBR1100XX.org Forum

WTB: trash bird plastic

Does anyone have any scap pieces of bird plastic? perhaps around the year 1997? Smaller pieces, maybe 24"x24" or so(to aid in making the shipping cheaper) :icon_scratchhead: . I am hoping to get good with a plastic welder, and need both scrap for filling, and also practice pieces. My bird has a few places that need work, and I won't be ruining it to learn. I don't care what color, just some extra of the same material, to work with. Thanks guys -Shane

If you are just looking for any scrap skin, stop by any dealership and tell them that your son is teaching you how to do fairing repair and you are looking for some practice material. They might just surprise you.

If you are just looking for any scrap skin, stop by any dealership and tell them that your son is teaching you how to do fairing repair and you are looking for some practice material. They might just surprise you.

Good idea. I was just hoping to find some that is as near 1997 bird plastic as possible. My bike has a few places that need work, and I need all the practice I can get, before I destroy the good piece. Thanks dave. I'll try a shop or two around here.