CBR1100XX.org Forum

Please view suspension pictures and tell me if this is stock,??

chatvmax

I just purchased a 1999 blackbird xx,, bike is MINT and runs awesome,, BUT

I need someone to please view this read suspension and tell me if this is the way the bike came...??

my goal is to set to the stock position with stock parts..

Any help is very much appreciated.. :-)

LEFT SIDE VIEW OF REAR SUSPENSION LINK

http://bigbikeriders.com/photopost/showpho...big&thecat=

Right side view

http://bigbikeriders.com/photopost/showpho...big&thecat=

rockmeupto125 is correct.

And if the extra holes are a concern I believe I have an extra set of linkage plates. If interested, send me a PM.

did you notice the 2 holes at the bottom of the shock,,, it is in the lowest hole,,, is that also a stock setting?

were there 2 holes there from the factory also...??

Thanks

And if the extra holes are a concern I believe I have an extra set of linkage plates. If interested, send me a PM.

did you notice the 2 holes at the bottom of the shock,,, it is in the lowest hole,,, is that also a stock setting?

Thanks

I only saw 1 hole at the bottom of the shock (the one the bolt it through). The screw above the hole is the rebound damping adjustment for the shock.

Mike

Thanks

I only saw 1 hole at the bottom of the shock (the one the bolt it through). The screw above the hole is the rebound damping adjustment for the shock.

Mike

very good,,

is there a "stock / default setting for this ,,?

also as i count the threads on the shock spring adjustment is there a position that is relitivly stock,, lets say same amount of threads showing below the ring adjustment as above...??

thanks again

also as i count the threads on the shock spring adjustment is there a position that is relitivly stock,, lets say same amount of threads showing below the ring adjustment as above...??

thanks again

Stop asking for this mythical "stock setting". Instead go read about adjusting the rear sag. That's the correct setting. Do you really think every bike is suppose to be the same? We don't all weigh the same do we?

thanks again

Stop asking for this mythical "stock setting". Instead go read about adjusting the rear sag. That's the correct setting. Do you really think every bike is suppose to be the same? We don't all weigh the same do we?

we don't?

and santa claus is not real?

Be nice, I think he just wants to start from square one.

Oh mostly I'm a nice guy, and I don't intend to sound mean, but.... chatvmax has asked for the stock settings several times now. He doesn't seem to realize there's no such thing. It's like asking what's the stock throttle opening when riding on the interstate.

I'll try this appraoch

Click here to read about setting the CBR1100XX rear shock to the factory/default/stock/OEM position

Oh mostly I'm a nice guy, and I don't intend to sound mean, but.... chatvmax has asked for the stock settings several times now. He doesn't seem to realize there's no such thing. It's like asking what's the stock throttle opening when riding on the interstate.

I'll try this appraoch

Click here to read about setting the CBR1100XX rear shock to the factory/default/stock/OEM position

understood,, ill just crank it all in one direction and drill some more holes somewhere in the plate that looks good to me and not a leverage a valuable resource like all you guys and ask what is a good starting place...

:-))))

I am totally kidding also,,, I get what you guys are saying and ill take it from here,, its just that setting up a suspension on a bike that im going to be going in excess of 170 mpg on is scarey and i never did it,, and really dont want to,, so please understand i really just am asking because im not all that handy at such tasks and will ultimatly end up taking her to the STEALER where they will replace everything...

• 4 months later...
OK let's back up a little. Do you feel something wrong with your suspension? Any symptoms - wobble, harshness, too low, too high, too bouncy, bottoms out, anything?

Sory for the LONG time to respond..:-)

I have been in learning mode,,

to answer you ,, NO,, she now rides fine,, i replaced my fork oil and all is well,

i did put a new set of tires on the front and rear,,, wow what a difference...

has anyone ever utilized the setting for the holes drilled to lower my bike,,,

????

Ill measure how much it drops the rear and slide the forks up the exact changed distance to get an equal drop in front and rear,,,,

i may try it as i am a short guy,,, 5'8 with short legs :-)

Thoughts??

I loosened the trip clamps and let the forks up about 10mm before I had replaced it with an aftermarket shock. without issue. Turn in will be a little slower, but if you even it out, you will have left it stock but taken away some ground clearance. Most of us have increased the rake of the bike by adding 6mm worth of shims to the stock rear shock which lifts the rear and improves the turn in or the aftermarket Wilber shock incorporated a 6mm difference in shock length. Be careful of scrapping peg feelers or plastics if you lower it overall.

????

Ill measure how much it drops the rear and slide the forks up the exact changed distance to get an equal drop in front and rear,,,,

Not sure what you're refering to as far as holes being drilled, but this might help you...

http://www.cbr1100xx.org/forums/index.php?...mp;#entry594561

????

Not sure what you're refering to as far as holes being drilled, but this might help you...

I'm guessing a previous owner drilled the shock-to-swingarm linkage plates.