CBR1100XX.org Forum

16T VFR sprocket

Para045

I have seen it before on several sites where you can put the 16T front sprocket from a VFR on the XX but can't seem to find the posts to work out which one (ie years or part#) :icon_confused:

Finally found it...

Maybe a Mod would be nice enough to add this to the usefull threads...

16T Sprockets

The VTEC VFR 800 ('02 model) front sprocket is a perfect match for the bird with 14.5mm spline and 16 teeth with rubber damper

23801-MCW-D00

Edit: No need for a Mod to add it, I assumed we couldn't post in that section but I was wrong I've added a post for this info.

Finally found it...

Maybe a Mod would be nice enough to add this to the usefull threads...

16T Sprockets

The VTEC VFR 800 ('02 model) front sprocket is a perfect match for the bird with 14.5mm spline and 16 teeth with rubber damper

23801-MCW-D00

Edit: No need for a Mod to add it, I assumed we couldn't post in that section but I was wrong I've added a post for this info.

Thanks for that Mate :icon_wink: :icon_clap:

Just in case anybody wants to know:

I'm currently running a 525 chain on my 99 BB. It is a kit for a '95(I think) Honda CBR900. The spline width is definitely wider than 14.5mm. This caused three problems:

1. There was a lot more noise due to the mis-alignment.

2. My $70 AFAM alloy sprocket was wore-out in 2000 miles.

3. Most importantly the front sprocket bolt kept coming loose even with lock-tite. Kudos to Honda for making the sprocket cover the way they did.

I used some washers to space the rear sprocket to correct for the mis-alignment and another washer for the front with an outside diameter smaller than the shaft so that the factory washer bottoms against it and not the sprocket. Now if I could just find a 525 17T front with the damper. The chain noise is still terrible. I think I'll go back to 530 when this one wears out.

I'm currently running a 525 chain on my 99 BB. It is a kit for a '95(I think) Honda CBR900. The spline width is definitely wider than 14.5mm. This caused three problems:

3. Most importantly the front sprocket bolt kept coming loose even with lock-tite. Kudos to Honda for making the sprocket cover the way they did.

I used some washers to space the rear sprocket to correct for the mis-alignment and another washer for the front with an outside diameter smaller than the shaft so that the factory washer bottoms against it and not the sprocket. Now if I could just find a 525 17T front with the damper. The chain noise is still terrible. I think I'll go back to 530 when this one wears out.

Krause racing Sproket Specilities will do it right.

ask for mark tell them i sent you

One of the guys on the local Perth forum reckons he has a 16T off a CBR1000F that he thinks fits the VFR and XX - Anyone know whether they interchange?

Did a bit of searching online and found that with Afam (20602), Vortex (3504) and Drive Systems (3504S) the Part # is the same for the 90-96 CBR1000F, XX and the 98-06 VFR800 :icon_surprised:

Thanks for the info. For $369.00 they better do it right. Damn!!!!!

Thanks for the info. For $369.00 they better do it right. Damn!!!!!

It will not have the dampener, and I think the only way to do that may be to do the machine work and not sure that would work either. I may end up finding out though as 520 rears are standard for what I have on the rear.

Curently running 17 stock on the front and 530 chain with 520 rear in 43. Non oring chain till my new stuff gets in. They say there tensile is 17,000, more than any other I know of.

Let me know if you go for it.

Their rear is ti moly and should last longer. But, for full discloseure I had misalligned mine and it killed a chain and sprokett, and they warrenteed it within a year.