CBR1100XX.org Forum

Custom Exhaust Fabrication

Hobicus

I've got a restoration project I just picked up.. it's an 83 VFR 750. The exhaust is pretty well shot.. The pipes and cans are aftermarket, I think that someone removed the collector. The cans are OK, but the pipes are rusted, and there's a hole in at least one of them. I was wondering whether a local shop could be tapped to fabricate the pipes following the existing bends, or whether I could tap them to help with the repair.

Thoughts?

I've got a restoration project I just picked up.. it's an 83 VFR 750. The exhaust is pretty well shot.. The pipes and cans are aftermarket, I think that someone removed the collector. The cans are OK, but the pipes are rusted, and there's a hole in at least one of them. I was wondering whether a local shop could be tapped to fabricate the pipes following the existing bends, or whether I could tap them to help with the repair.

Thoughts?

I think I still have my stock one off my 91, wonder how much difference???

could bring it to texxt,,,,jk

Buy an used aftermarket or OEM system off of Ebay.

Automitive exhaust shops have a hard time with piping as small as what's used on a motorcycle and the labor costs will kill you.

I've been looking, but there's just not much out there for the 83/84 years. Might help if I knew whether the later models were compatible.

83 vfr 750 ??? :icon_think:

Most likely vf700/750f,,

Anyway, we are here to help http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1985-HONDA-...1QQcmdZViewItem

My bad:

I got it home last night just as it was getting dark, so no pictures. It's a 1984 VF 750F

That's from an 85.. not sure if it will fit, but either way it's missing parts. I've been watching that one on Ebay, I may pick it up anyways.