CBR1100XX.org Forum

Need a chain rivet tool

DrDemento

I have a new chain and sprockets on the way.... None of the guys at work have any chain tools (all ride shaft drives).

Anybody in the Tulsa, OK area have one I could use?

Call all the local shops... There are shops around who will "sell you" a loaner too, and give you all but $10 back when you "return" it.

Mike

place something solid behind the link, hold a flat screwdriver centered on the rivet, and whack the screwdriver w/ a hammer to make a crease in the rivet. Turn the screwdriver 90 degrees and repeat, to form a cross-shaped indentation on the rivet.

Oh yeah, :icon_whistle: the secret is not to make the crease too deep or too shallow! (i.e. making the link too tight or too loose)

Need a chain rivet tool

Then buy one

$16.00 Chain Tool Thread

Any of you fucktards use this thing yet? How's it work?

I used it once to push out a pin, worked fine. However the chain I installed was a clip type. That was on a XR650L. I'll use it to rivet a 530 chain sometime in the next couple of weeks.

IIRC, a poster on the advrider forum said it was identical to his $130 RK chain tool.

You pack of bastards! :icon_naughty:

I just ordered a Motion Pro Jumbo chain tool ( and a chain aligner) for about a million dollars then I read this. :icon_snooty:

$16 :icon_wall:

Well I think it was a typo cause it said $39 when I looked. Still a good deal.

I just ordered a Motion Pro Jumbo chain tool ( and a chain aligner) for about a million dollars then I read this. :icon_snooty:

You can't go wrong buying good tools...you'll like it a lot from the first time you use it...worth every penny.

You can't go wrong buying good hookers...you'll like it a lot from the first time you use it...worth every penny.

There, fixed it for ya