CBR1100XX.org Forum

CBR 1100 exhaust question.

CBRRR

First of all, let me say I'm soon to be a CRB 1100xx owner :icon_thumbsup: . I'm picking up a fix-r-upper on Wednesday and I'm very excited. It will be quite awhile before she is street ready, but I'm stoked just the same. Now, with that said, one of the major parts damaged on the bike is the exhaust system. The guy scrapped the old stock system. What does everyone recommend as far as aftermarket, or return it to stock? I was thinking about a full Yoshi system, but I don't want to lose driveability in the low to mid-range. Anyone have any experience with any full race systems? Which brands do you all suggest?

The XX hardly lacks for driveability in the low and mid ranges, it is not the torque monster a 'busa is, but it will handily get out of its own way. It is a little soft below 5K but above that, particularly over 7K, it is pretty stout.

Yoshimura makes some pretty good pipes, I have a pair of their slip-ons on my bike and I'm quite pleased with both the quality and the sound. Can't say they really added all that much power but they are lighter and not as bulbous as the stockers. If you can find a stock header, I have a pair of stock cans in pretty good shape I can let you have cheap.

The XX hardly lacks for driveability in the low and mid ranges, it is not the torque monster a 'busa is, but it will handily get out of its own way. It is a little soft below 5K but above that, particularly over 7K, it is pretty stout.

Yoshimura makes some pretty good pipes, I have a pair of their slip-ons on my bike and I'm quite pleased with both the quality and the sound. Can't say they really added all that much power but they are lighter and not as bulbous as the stockers. If you can find a stock header, I have a pair of stock cans in pretty good shape I can let you have cheap.

+1

I too have a set of stock cans I can let go for shipping.

First of all, let me say I'm soon to be a CRB 1100xx owner :icon_thumbsup: . I'm picking up a fix-r-upper on Wednesday and I'm very excited. It will be quite awhile before she is street ready, but I'm stoked just the same. Now, with that said, one of the major parts damaged on the bike is the exhaust system. The guy scrapped the old stock system. What does everyone recommend as far as aftermarket, or return it to stock? I was thinking about a full Yoshi system, but I don't want to lose driveability in the low to mid-range. Anyone have any experience with any full race systems? Which brands do you all suggest?

I have a delkevic header which maintains dual canisters with two brothers M5 vale canisters and its a pretty set up. Sounds awesome too! You can get the header on ebay for 250 and there are always slip ons available right now there is a set of leo vinci's which are decent!

The guys on the British XX site all love the Akropovic full system.

I love my TwoBrothers full system, but I don't know if they still offer it ( since the XX was discontinued in 93 here)

BTW you will prolly find more aftermarket stuff on European sites. The XX was more popular and still made till this year there.

Does a full Akro system with dual canisters exist? If so, what model? Where can it be purchased?

Does a full Akro system with dual canisters exist? If so, what model? Where can it be purchased?

I believe they only make single systems :icon_confused:

Is there any difference in exhausts on the XX from 97 to 2003 models?

The pairings on the header tubes are different and I think the FI headers went to stainless tube :icon_think: I have heard of guys having slight alignment problems when trying to mount Carb headers to a FI bike or vice versa :icon_confused:

I believe they only make single systems :icon_confused:

Has Akropovic ever made a dual system for the Blackbird?

If not, how much pain in the ass would it be to fit RC51 canisters to a stock '03 header? Any guesses on how it might run? And sound? I would think the flow parameters would be roughly the same for a canister designed for venting 1000cc's...maybe... :icon_rolleyes: ya think? Anybody? Bueller?

"Carb" (97-98) header is top end oriented while 99+ gives midrange boost due to diff. pairing of primary pipes.

There is hardly any point in trying to find aftermarket 4-2-1-2,or 4-2 header,just keep your stocker and get some slip-ons.Stock header flows well.