CBR1100XX.org Forum

Iridium screen

Dr. Ergal

Hi !!

I'm trying to get an iridium screen for my '00 XX; at now I have a double bobble unit on it, but I don't like it so much (the original one were lost by the previous owner); I'm looking for a stock shape/size unit, but it seeems that there's not anything similar, here in Italy (except the original Honda spare part, obviously)... :icon_rolleyes: (XX isn't a such success, in my place... :icon_neutral: ).

Do any of you know something such similar in USA?

I tought at PowerBronze, but they told me that nothing is foreseen for Blackbird... :icon_confused:

Thank you all

(please apologize for my english... :icon_whistle: )

Dr.,

This is a site called Magical Racing in Japan. I have orderd (as have others here) their windscreens, and they are of FANTASTIC quality! Pricey, yes, but excellent products. I have the smoked plastic, but I believe they also have the Iridium option that you are looking for.

The url is below. Nice stuff for the Bird!

Cheers,

Kevin

http://www.moto-works.jp/bikes/97cbr1100xx.html

The UK 'bird site reported some time ago that there was a problem with iridium screens for use on Blackbirds. If I remember the circumstances correctly, several members had their instrument housings damaged through the transition between the two curvatures acting like a lens in the sun. I'm pretty sure that it was Powerbronze who coughed up for replacement instrument housings for some people who were affected.

I haven't had direct experience of an iridium screen, but here in New Zealand where ultraviolet levels are high, some members of the Kiwibiker website have suffered similar problems with other makes of bikes. I've just stuck with a dark tint Pyramid double bubble.

Sorry to maybe ruin your aspirations, but at least you've been warned of potential problems.

According to their site Powerbronze do make a std Iridium screen for the XXBB PB Std Iridium XX screen :icon_surprised:PBxx screen

I found out that screen, but PowerBronze answerd me telling that they DO NOT produce windscreen for Bird. :icon_confused:

Regarding ultraviolet threat... thanks for your advice !! It's a very useful suggestion !! :icon_eek:

BTW, the problem still exist: I want a original shape windscreen. I don't bear with my double-bobble anymore :icon_evil:

So cool !!! :icon_evilgrin:

But... they seem to have only a double-bobble windscreen type... :icon_rolleyes:

Am I being wrong? :icon_redface:

Sorry about that, I didn't know you weren't interested in the "double bubble" shaped screen. Yes, you are correct as that is the only configuration that Magical offers them in.

Hope you find something you like!

Cheers,

Kevin