CBR1100XX.org Forum

Massive Failure - Seat Latch

Hobicus

Well, my seat latch broke. I've got the part that hooks into the cable, the cable, but nothing else. :sad: My guess is that there's a bracket/screw combination that fell off. I couldn't find the parts /assemby portion in the service manual.

Fortunately, it's ridable...

I'm gonna have to go to the dealer and rant and rave about the piss poor quality of my honda :grin: This should be under warranty.

No, didn't lose the seat. Noticed it when I got home, and was getting off the bike.

I do have a Corbin on there, but this is one of those "Fit and Finish" things that just shouldn't happen. :evil:

Of course, 15k miles and this is all I have to complain about.

How do you lose a seat that you're sitting on?

Some get up on the pegs to stretch their legs...surprise, seat blown away from right under your ass :shock: I saw Jessie James lose it that way on one of his high $ choppers.

How about a quick hang-off move? That should do it. :razz: But, yeah, it's mostly psychological - just knowing that the seat is loose would make me nervous and distracted.

I live around Tannersville in the Poconos.

Yeah, I heard about you guys :grin: Pillaging this beautiful area; regret I wasn't a part of it :lol: Definitely NEXXT time, no excuses. Maybe if I feed'em, Dave and Don won't have to rape me for being delinquent the last two times :)

Thanks everyone.

My dealer has agreed to replace it under warranty, it's on order.

I'm not too worried about it coming loose, but I'll probably bungee it just in case.