CBR1100XX.org Forum

Another great vendor. Very nice people to deal with. Fast shipping. They stand behind there products.

Roadgear.com

Ken

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

Roadgear deserves an accolade. Here's the e-mail I sent their customer service on the 12th of this month.

"Greetings. In early June, I purchased your Hi-Adventure Sport Saddle Bags, which served admirably on a 2000-mile trip. But three-quarters of the way through that trip, a low speed oops resulted in damage to the left side bag. I was about to pitch the whole outfit in the trash when I discovered that the damaged bag can be separated from the central harness. So my question is whether I can buy a replacement for the damaged piece?

Thanks."

After I sent the note, I realized I had failed to mention that I had trashed the bag only two weeks after I bought the set. Anyway, here's the response, received yesterday.

"Thanks for checking with us. Regret we do not carry the bags separately. As a courtesy we would like to offer you a brand new set for material cost. We can discount a new set for 50% off the retail cost. If you would like to place an order you can order online and put the discount quote in the special instructions field. You can also call us direct at 800-854-4327. Customer care is in the office from 8-5 MST Mon-Fri. Feel free to contact us if we can further assist you. Have a great day."

That's a class act, as far I'm concerned. The big problem now is that I'll feel as if I'm stealing from them if I take advantage of their offer. It wasn't their fault I dropped the bike.

Those are darned good saddlebags, too. They're not as stylish as some, but they're just about indestructible, assuming you don't use them to polish the pavement. The nylon on mine was a bit frayed and dirty after it slid down the road, but the material was quite intact otherwise. That bag was stuffed so full of laundry that it actually prevented the left muffler from contacting the pavement when I goofed.