CBR1100XX.org Forum

spools or racestand

torturedsoul

i am looking for any info on how to add spools to a 01 redbird.where to drill the swing arm at. exact measurments horizonitally and vertically, dont want to drill into any strenthing ribs in the extruded swingarm. has any one used rivnuts that pitbull sells for 6mm spools? also been looking at racestandsfor none spooled swingarm. dont like the look of the stands that have round holders on them look like it would slide up the swingarm. also seen some with flat feet on them rubber coated 2 & 4 wheel models vortex rear stand non spooled 4 wheels, then pitbull non spooled 2 wheel version. what are my best choices for stands or drilling. has any one thought of making a plate to bolt up where the center stand holes are then use a floor jack to get the rear up to service then remove the plat to ride. any help in this matter would be great. with the wealth of knowledge on this board i know someone will have the info i need. thanks torturedsoul

I use a spool lifter after sticking in a pair of bolts in the ends of the rear axle. Esay way to lift the bike to lubricate the chain at least. I can not have the centerstand in place permantly, just use two small bolts to hold it in place when the rear tyre is removed. May drill and tgap for spools though, it is quite unsafe to have the bike on center stand when the rear is shimmed and working with the rear wheel that can push the bike forward.

Does anyone have pictures of the spools installed, I have been thinking about the pit bull stands and they are expensive. What about the tripple tree add on lift option? Is it worth it?

Does anyone have the best price for the pit bull or another brand of stands?

Does anyone have pictures of the spools installed, I have been thinking about the pit bull stands and they are expensive. What about the tripple tree add on lift option? Is it worth it?

If you want to be able to remove the forks easily or the front wheel with out removing the fender, absolutely.

Pics on the rear stand on my -97.

post-3595-1188027301.jpg

post-3595-1188027317.jpg

You can mod the Yosh system to allow the centerstand, other than that I'd just stay with the Pitbull stands. Works well for me. I have both, centerstand and shopstands.

WTF,mine Yosh came with bracket for centerstand,,,,,,,,

Keep in mind there is a bracket(s) blocking the bottom,they need to be removed when using triple tree stand,PITA.

LP makes nice,cool ALUMINIUM race stands,,,,,,,,,,,would give you bragging rights.

BTW Pit Bulls are nice,go with spools,it is just way more secure,somehow I ended up with both types,,,,,,,,,spools are better.