CBR1100XX.org Forum

27MM SOCKET

TFT

Where can I get a 27 mm socket for the axle nut on the XX? None of the local places here in Anchorage carry one. I was going to actually use a torque wrench to tighten the axle nut after adjusting the chain, but can't find a socket to fit. :icon_wall:

Where can I get a 27 mm socket for the axle nut on the XX? None of the local places here in Anchorage carry one. I was going to actually use a torque wrench to tighten the axle nut after adjusting the chain, but can't find a socket to fit. :icon_wall:

craftsman online, maybe if you have a harbor freight nearby? Or use a big cresent wrench if you use it right you wont mar up the nut. Also if you have your tool kit there is a 6sided wrench in there for it.

craftsman online, maybe if you have a harbor freight nearby? Or use a big cresent wrench if you use it right you wont mar up the nut. Also if you have your tool kit there is a 6sided wrench in there for it.

You missed the torque wrench part :icon_wink:

I have one in a Craftsman and one that came in a set of impact sockets from Harbor Freight.

Tom, Sears has them, I got one from there, and now they put fuck off big writing on them as well.......

I've gone to Sears, the local sears doesn't carry anything larger than 22mm. We don't have an Autozone up here.

The 1 1/16" sound like a good solution. Hopefully I can find one of those.

I've gone to Sears, the local sears doesn't carry anything larger than 22mm. We don't have an Autozone up here.

The 1 1/16" sound like a good solution. Hopefully I can find one of those.

no autozone?

thats because you live in the fucken far away zone....... :icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

Tom...use a 1 and 1/16th inch socket. They'll have that.

That is what I use, 1/2 inch drive. It works fine.

You missed the torque wrench part :icon_wink:

I have one in a Craftsman and one that came in a set of impact sockets from Harbor Freight.

Yeah I know but I started out with where to get the socket and as far as torque on the rear axle nut I mean shoot stock tool kit gives you this wrench with a lil extension handle and your supposed to be able to remove it with that so I am sure you can tighten it to torque spec or more with that same tool! Yeah so you dont have the satisfaction of a physical torque spec display but come on I have been working on bikes for 25 years and never had one come loose...

2 tools, actually 5, live in my side case when on a trip. 1 1/6" 1/2" drive socket, 7/8" box wrench and a fairly long handled Snap-On 1/2" drive ratchet. Little 1/4" drive breaker bar with 8mm socket as well for the adjusters This way I can whale on that nut and not have to worry about removal or re-torque at a later date. I don't remember the last time I bothered to torque a rear axle nut, it won't fall off even with the pitiful little wrench they give you in the kit and, if you back the adjusters into the tightened axle, you won't lose the adjustment. BTW, you can stomp on that little wrench with a boot to break loose one that is torqued to factory spec. Just make sure it is well seated first. Scraping your shin down the right side muffler can be painful. DAMHIK!!!

Worse case, Tom.. I'll pick up one @ Farm and Fleet, and you can take it home when you're here for WiXX.

Tom...use a 1 and 1/16th inch socket. They'll have that.

I use the same thing, 6-point sockets of course. I have no use for the 12-point.

Actually, I use the 6-point 1/2 inch drive sockets for everything over 14mm. They work great and don't slip.

:icon_biggrin: