CBR1100XX.org Forum

Would you sit on sheepskin?

silverbird1100

My modified cobin seat is great but I still have some friction issues. I've heard sheepskin is a pretty good way to keep cool and get some air flow. I'm looking for something that will raise me up a little as possible.

I have the same over-heating problem with my Corbin Seat. I have a sheepskin cover that works pretty well, but something that works even better is to cut a piece of cardboard that will cover or block the hole between the gas tank and the area above the battery. This hole lets a lot of heat from the motor run under the seat. The stock plastic seat doesn't seem to transfer as much as the Corbin does. Those butt-beads should help also, but your friends might laugh at you.

Oh yeah, sheepskin (wool) works surprisingly well... warm in the winter and cooler in the summer (I know that sounds counterintuitive, but it works - the air circulation is the key). The beads work well too although you'll gain a modicum of seat height... and some folks don't care for the sense of multiple "pressure points"... (I just don't care for the "look").

One of the guys at work and a couple on OzBB have sheepies on their stock seats and quite like them for when they ride long distances :icon_surprised: