CBR1100XX.org Forum

Good online store to purchase drive chain?

yanivic

Local cyclegear is selling RK-530xso chain for 75 bucks but they do not have equivalent DID-530. Is RK-xso suitable for street riding (mostly interstate, to and fro work.) or is it like a elephant walking on polio legs? If so; please recommend a good online store to buy drive chain. Is whitebuffaloracing.com a good place or are there any better stores?

Thanks!

V

That's an acceptable price...make sure it comes with a master link, which should be a rivet type. MAWonline sells the 112 link RK530XSO on Ebay for $64 plus $16 shipping. Buying it locally for the same price means you have it in hand, don't have to rely on a shipping company to deliver it safely, and you have someone to look at when you have a problem with it.

The 530XSO chain is adequate for street use of the XX. Its rated at 9500 lbs tensile strength, which is roughly equivalent to the DID VM series chains. Most folks here use the DID ZVM2, with a comparitive strength of 10,370. I don't believe you'd notice any particular difference other than a few thousand miles less wear. And at nearly half the cost, that's a significant savings. Your priorities may vary.

White Buffalo Racing comes highly recommended by many folks, including myself. Some consideration may be given to shipping costs....chains are heavy, and cost more to ship the farther you are from White Buffalo in California.

Whitebuffaloracing is a good place and I have had good luck with sprocketcenter.com. Be sure and at least replace the front sprocket if not both.

Good luck.

Sure, Thanks letting me know. I always thought we have to change the front as it has more number of revolutions, but the person who installed tires on my motorcycle; told me the other way; :icon_whistle:

V

Always replace the front sprocket. I just did a chain and front sprocket on a KLX650C. The front sprocket looked like a ninja throwing star it was that sharp. I wrapped the new chain around the rear sprocket and it was as tight as if it was brand new so I'll run it for another chain.

Tensile strenght does not tell anything about durability,,,,,,,,,,,,,from my experience I`ll get double the miles from ZVM2 vs RK XSO,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Replace front sprocket if looks bad,,,,,,,,,very unlikely you`ll gonna need new rear,,,,,,,,,,,,,,typically it is good for 3 chains,,,,,,,,,,,

Search this forum,,,,,,,,,,,

Tensile strenght does not tell anything about durability,,,,,,,,,,,,,from my experience I`ll get double the miles from ZVM2 vs RK XSO,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Replace front sprocket if looks bad,,,,,,,,,very unlikely you`ll gonna need new rear,,,,,,,,,,,,,,typically it is good for 3 chains,,,,,,,,,,,

Search this forum,,,,,,,,,,,

I'll second that, I'll never use RK chain on anything. I removed an RK chain at 16k miles that wasn't the factory chain on the KLX. So at 16K miles, this is it's third chain. I riveted a gold DID 520 VM chain on. :icon_thumbsup:

RK makes good chains,,,,,,,but ZWM2 and XSO are in diff. class.Comparable chain,to ZWM2,is RK GXW ,,,,,,

RK used to make 530 LFO,excellent chain,I got upper 20˛s on my FJ 12 back in the previous century,,,,,,,,,,

RK makes good chains,,,,,,,but ZWM2 and XSO are in diff. class.Comparable chain,to ZWM2,is RK GXW ,,,,,,

RK used to make 530 LFO,excellent chain,I got upper 20˛s on my FJ 12 back in the previous century,,,,,,,,,,

I think that was the one mentioned in the owners manual (RK-530lfo); I couldn't find it anywhere online.

V