CBR1100XX.org Forum

Help havent started bike in 3 year's

zulu52

I have a 2002 xx That I have not started it in almost 3 years I changed the oil before I stored it & want to rid it now, I put 15k my first year but don"t want to fuck anything up before I fire it up.

all imput would be great, heath reasons put it in storage :icon_shocked: now Im ready to ride

I heard of a better coolant to put in the bike any imput would be :icon_mrgreen:

Zulu,

Since this is my 1000th post, I have chosen to reply to your request for info.

Put the bike up on the stand.

Clean and lube chain.

Drain the gas tank and put fresh stuff in.

Crank the motor over until the oil pressue light goes out BEFORE you plug the fuel pump hot wire back in.

Since you changed the oil after the last ride, you should be ok for now. Run it for a couple hundred miles and change it. That will burn off any moisture that has built up while stored.

Check the brakes and clutch for smooth operations while it is still on the stand.

Check tire pressure

Go for a ride around the neighborhood - take cell phone.

Check bike over again and enjoy.

Remember that the tires are 3 years older than when you last rode it and have probably gotten a wee bit harder and will probably spin at the worst time.

Last thing to do--- HAVE FUN BEING BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAIN!

I have a 2002 xx That I have not started it in almost 3 years I changed the oil before I stored it & want to rid it now, I put 15k my first year but don"t want to fuck anything up before I fire it up.

all imput would be great, heath reasons put it in storage :icon_shocked: now Im ready to ride

I heard of a better coolant to put in the bike any imput would be :icon_mrgreen:

Why hasn't anyone stated the obvious?

Sell it!

Why hasn't anyone stated the obvious?

Sell it!

been waiting for your ass I can get more for it! strapped over a sawhorse in the back of a van with the door,s open in the Castro district of San Francisco advertising for $100 bucks a pop for some fresh azzz after 200 or so fag,s profit would be better :icon_shakebutt: :icon_gay: