CBR1100XX.org Forum

Cheap Seat Cushion or Fun with Jose O'Brien

Involute

$15 at Walmart for this ATV Comfort Seat Cover. I have no idea if it'll work for shit but I had to try it. By the time I'm done trying cheap fixes for the Strom seat it'll have been cheaper to buy a Corbin.

gallery_54_55_130652.jpg

By the time I'm done trying cheap fixes for the Strom seat

I had a 04 sixfity and loved it. Seat did suck. Bought an airhawk......

Sold the Vstrom....bought a Goldwing....long distance!!

One year later missed "sportbike". Never had taken Vstrom off road much, but it could scream for a sixfity.

About a month ago bought a bird. Holy shit, talk about acceleration.

Since the seat on the bird isn't the best in the world and since I had the airhawk.....little nicer on the toushe & jewels!!!!

Now my stable has a 02 bird and an 05 wing.

I'm leaving Monday for a 8 day trip to Colorado on the wing.

Short stuff 5 days tops= Blackbird

Long stuff or over 5 days= Goldwing

My oh my how that bird can fly!!!!!! :icon_cool:

I just bought a bead seat at Honda Hoot for $17.50. I hope it saves my ass going to Hookers. Saw an older gent on a kaw 650 who swears by it.

Over a year ago, I picked up a $9 inflatable cushion for a tree stand from Wal-Mart... The kind that are like the backpacking inflatable matresses... You unscrew the cap and the foam inside expands and sucks in air. I've not tried an airhawk or what you mention above, but this is by far the best thing I've used.

I've done the bead seat thing, and that's OK I guess, but it does start to get pretty sore after awhile... It's better than the stocker, and it is a really big help on the HOT days, because it cools your butt down a little, but is really just "OK" on a stock seat...

With the air seat, if my ass gets sore after a few undred miles, I just unscrew the cap and either let out some air with me sitting on it, or lift my weight off and let some air in, and it's a completely different seat with a different contact patch... Works VERY well!

I plan on getting an Airhawk, but just haven't gotten around to spending the $$ yet...

Mike

Try the bead cover you can buy one for 8 bucks at walmart and cut it to size. Rode 450 mi. fri and 300+ mi. on sat with no monkey butt!

Scot,

For you, I'd recommend installing a special seat "bracket". Not only will it help you stay connected to the seat, but should improve your riding pleasure. See Below....

spl8n22.jpg

Scot,

For you, I'd recommend installing a special seat "bracket". Not only will it help you stay connected to the seat, but should improve your riding pleasure. See Below....

spl8n22.jpg

From what I have heard about Scott that could be a little "small" :icon_whistle:

Scot,

spl8n22.jpg

From what I have heard about Scott that could be a little "small" :icon_whistle:

You DO know Scot!

I can't think of a worthy response this early so you guys can just Lick Me.

Once again Scot's wits fail him and he bails out with a lame, sophmoric comeback. Best to stick to hit and run trolling, eh? :icon_lol:

Nice seat pad, BTW. How's it feel with a tampon in?

Once again Scot's wits fail him and he bails out with a lame, sophmoric comeback. Best to stick to hit and run trolling, eh? :icon_lol:

WTF? Why is it that the posting of a plastic phallus motivates you enough to start flinging shit? Are there any Mental Health Professionals here that could shed some light on this phenomenon? I find it interesting that 90% of the time you don’t make the effort to subject me to the type of humiliation that only you can produce, yet, when a picture such as the one above is present you amazingly appear. Is there some variant of an Oedipus complex involved with your attacks?

WTF? Why is it that the posting of a plastic phallus motivates you enough to start flinging shit?

Please note that the "shit slinging" didn't start until until you posted your so very clever "Lick Me" response. It's not the phallus that draws comment, but your occasional inability to respond with any wit or intelligence. Your apparent association of a phallus and shit is noteworthy, though. Sounds like a subconcious trip back to the days when you spent your evenings and weekends bent over over a bar stool at whatever dive you picked that day being anally raped with a beer bottle. Tell me, does the smell of stale beer and ashtrays turn you on and make you cringe a little at the same time? I can see you know, shivering in a corner with an erection, desperately trying to resist the urge to mastubate to your shameful memories...but I digress, my apologies.

Are there any Mental Health Professionals here that could shed some light on this phenomenon?

Maybe ask your therapist? I've always assumed you had one.

I find it interesting that 90% of the time you don't make the effort to subject me to the type of humiliation that only you can produce, yet, when a picture such as the one above is present you amazingly appear.

So instead of being thankful for those nine out of ten times I don't choose to point out your little deficiencies, you complain loudly about the time I do? It appears a policy change might be in order if there's no gratitude in giving you the occasion break. And again with the phallus reference? I realize due to your issues you can't help but focus on that, but please realize that I've never mentioned or referenced it. It's not always about the dick, Scot. Get some help, really.

Is there some variant of an Oedipus complex involved with your attacks?

Oooh, "variant of an Oedipus complex", see it's things like that that make me think you're in therapy, no way you came up with that on your own. Ask your therapist what it might mean that a discussion on phalluses brings to mind an Oedipus complex to you. I think there's some things worth exploring there.

Your turn, fucko. :icon_biggrin:

WTF? Why is it that the posting of a plastic phallus motivates you enough to start flinging shit?

Please note that the "shit slinging" didn't start until until you posted your so very clever "Lick Me" response. It's not the phallus that draws comment, but your occasional inability to respond with any wit or intelligence. Your apparent association of a phallus and shit is noteworthy, though. Sounds like a subconcious trip back to the days when you spent your evenings and weekends bent over over a bar stool at whatever dive you picked that day being anally raped with a beer bottle. Tell me, does the smell of stale beer and ashtrays turn you on and make you cringe a little at the same time? I can see you know, shivering in a corner with an erection, desperately trying to resist the urge to mastubate to your shameful memories...but I digress, my apologies.

Are there any Mental Health Professionals here that could shed some light on this phenomenon?

Maybe ask your therapist? I've always assumed you had one.

I find it interesting that 90% of the time you don't make the effort to subject me to the type of humiliation that only you can produce, yet, when a picture such as the one above is present you amazingly appear.

So instead of being thankful for those nine out of ten times I don't choose to point out your little deficiencies, you complain loudly about the time I do? It appears a policy change might be in order if there's no gratitude in giving you the occasion break. And again with the phallus reference? I realize due to your issues you can't help but focus on that, but please realize that I've never mentioned or referenced it. It's not always about the dick, Scot. Get some help, really.

Is there some variant of an Oedipus complex involved with your attacks?

Oooh, "variant of an Oedipus complex", see it's things like that that make me think you're in therapy, no way you came up with that on your own. Ask your therapist what it might mean that a discussion on phalluses brings to mind an Oedipus complex to you. I think there's some things worth exploring there.

Your turn, fucko. :icon_biggrin:

Alrighty then...............lets see if I can come up with something worthy in a scant few minutes rather than thinking about it for 6 hours.

Why does this always have to be about me Timothy? I post something that may actually be helpful for a change, a few of the Lads chime in with a suggestion of their own and all of a sudden.............BAM! The Conehead shows up and verbally abuses me. Are you still harboring resentment about me crashing while actually leaned over in a corner whereas you saw a corner, failed to press left to go left and launched your bike in to the wilds of Northern California? Let it go man. I'm sure the next time a corner scares you you'll at least try to negotiate it before becoming airborne again. I really do have faith in you. Perhaps an MSF Basic Rider Course is in order. They really do start at ground zero. Once they get past the things you already know (this is the clutch, here’s the horn, it'll go Beep etc) they will explain how to turn a motorcycle in both low and higher speed situations. There are also a few good books out there. Total Control by Lee Parks is one of the better ones. Chapter 8 deals with line selection in a Corner. It may surprise you that the proper line is not straight. If you wish to discuss this further I'm willing to help you in any way I can. You are more than welcome to suck from my Nipple of Knowledge.

Your turn. I'll check back tomorrow sometime so you have a LOT of time to get your thoughts in order. Next time do me a favor. Do a quick spelling and Grammar check before posting. I know you take your little diatribes seriously and I hate to think you're losing sleep over something as easily corrected as spelling and grammar.

I'll leave you with this:

Recorde, sua bicicleta é capaz de algum ângulo magro sério bonito. Você pode evitar de rebentar-se acima outra vez sendo um homem e superar seus medos.

and this:

Click me Fucko

Oh yea............ :icon_nana:

Alrighty then...............lets see if I can come up with something worthy in a scant few minutes rather than thinking about it for 6 hours.

Yeah, I've spent the last six hours on that, don't flatter yourself. You constitute a passing amusment, nothing more.

Why does this always have to be about me Timothy? I post something that may actually be helpful for a change, a few of the Lads chime in with a suggestion of their own and all of a sudden.............BAM! The Conehead shows up and verbally abuses me.

Mmm, a sudden attack from nowhere, sounds like a familiar tactic. BTW, you might want to break out the old Thorndike-Barnhart and look up "verbally" :icon_wink:

Are you still harboring resentment about me crashing while actually leaned over in a corner whereas you saw a corner, failed to press left to go left and launched your bike in to the wilds of Northern California? Let it go man. I'm sure the next time a corner scares you you'll at least try to negotiate it before becoming airborne again. I really do have faith in you. Perhaps an MSF Basic Rider Course is in order. They really do start at ground zero. Once they get past the things you already know (this is the clutch, here's the horn, it'll go Beep etc) they will explain how to turn a motorcycle in both low and higher speed situations. There are also a few good books out there. Total Control by Lee Parks is one of the better ones. Chapter 8 deals with line selection in a Corner. It may surprise you that the proper line is not straight. If you wish to discuss this further I'm willing to help you in any way I can. You are more than welcome to suck from my Nipple of Knowledge.

All that typing, and all I read is "I have no response to what you typed, so here's an irrelevant attack on your riding skills". Sad, really. As you mentioned, with work there's hope of me becoming a better rider, but it's unlikely you'll get any smarter.

So, got the XX back together from your wreck last year?

Your turn. I'll check back tomorrow sometime so you have a LOT of time to get your thoughts in order. Next time do me a favor. Do a quick spelling and Grammar check before posting. I know you take your little diatribes seriously and I hate to think you're losing sleep over something as easily corrected as spelling and grammar.

So you've had enough abuse for today and are off to lick your wounds? While you're recovering overnight, you might give some thought to capitalization and it's proper use.

Recorde, sua bicicleta é capaz de algum ângulo magro sério bonito. Você pode evitar de rebentar-se acima outra vez sendo um homem e superar seus medos.

In the interest of not taking six hours to reply, I'll pass on that for now. I'll assume it's just another attempt to look intelligent and educated without much relevance beyond that. Here's a tip, we're arguing in English. Being intentionally obscure is a tactic that doesn't suit you, or perhaps it does.

Go ahead and rest, I can wait until tomorrow to continue kicking you. :icon_biggrin:

Yeah, I've spent the last six hours on that, don't flatter yourself. You constitute a passing amusment, nothing more.

Why does this always have to be about me Timothy? I post something that may actually be helpful for a change, a few of the Lads chime in with a suggestion of their own and all of a sudden.............BAM! The Conehead shows up and verbally abuses me.

Mmm, a sudden attack from nowhere, sounds like a familiar tactic. BTW, you might want to break out the old Thorndike-Barnhart and look up "verbally" :icon_wink:

Are you still harboring resentment about me crashing while actually leaned over in a corner whereas you saw a corner, failed to press left to go left and launched your bike in to the wilds of Northern California? Let it go man. I'm sure the next time a corner scares you you'll at least try to negotiate it before becoming airborne again. I really do have faith in you. Perhaps an MSF Basic Rider Course is in order. They really do start at ground zero. Once they get past the things you already know (this is the clutch, here's the horn, it'll go Beep etc) they will explain how to turn a motorcycle in both low and higher speed situations. There are also a few good books out there. Total Control by Lee Parks is one of the better ones. Chapter 8 deals with line selection in a Corner. It may surprise you that the proper line is not straight. If you wish to discuss this further I'm willing to help you in any way I can. You are more than welcome to suck from my Nipple of Knowledge.

All that typing, and all I read is "I have no response to what you typed, so here's an irrelevant attack on your riding skills". Sad, really. As you mentioned, with work there's hope of me becoming a better rider, but it's unlikely you'll get any smarter.

So, got the XX back together from your wreck last year?

So you've had enough abuse for today and are off to lick your wounds? While you're recovering overnight, you might give some thought to capitalization and it's proper use.

In the interest of not taking six hours to reply, I'll pass on that for now. I'll assume it's just another attempt to look intelligent and educated without much relevance beyond that. Here's a tip, we're arguing in English. Being intentionally obscure is a tactic that doesn't suit you, or perhaps it does.

Go ahead and rest, I can wait until tomorrow to continue kicking you. :icon_biggrin:

Please Timothy, if I wanted to give a false representation of intelligence and education I wouldn't be a "Member" of this Board, I'd be a Moderator. For God's sake man, I posted a link to the site that I used to be obscure. With that being the case how in the world was I trying to fool anyone? I think you're starting to grasp at straws in order to participate.

And yes, the XX is back together and fully functional. It's been that way for months. I actually rode it home remember? Now I fully expect you to bring up my phone call to you minutes after I crashed. It'll be an easy way to make me look foolish so take it. And please, don't resort to implying that I make myself look foolish enough without your help. You're above such tactics. The XX still looks like a Rat Bike but oh well.

Nice diversion. I take it as filler material and an indication of a man that’s desperate to keep on top of his game. What I find sad is that I'm hand feeding you stuff in order to keep this little game of ours challenging. I really was hoping for better from you. I'm wearing my Cup so come on back kicking. You're starting to bore me and I'm feeling the need to practice my Limerick writing. :icon_wink:

Please Timothy, if I wanted to give a false representation of intelligence and education I wouldn't be a "Member" of this Board, I'd be a Moderator.

Again with the random captitaliztion, what's up with that, anyway? To answer your attempt at an insult, I'm sure the moderators here would be insulted, if we had any. Sounds like you may be perfect for the job.

For God's sake man, I posted a link to the site that I used to be obscure. With that being the case how in the world was I trying to fool anyone? I think you're starting to grasp at straws in order to participate.

"Grasping at straws" is copying and pasting a petty insult into babelfish in attempt to make it appear more than it is. Your attempt to disguise you lack of wit in your native tongue hasn't gone unobserved by me or other members here. A sad tactic generated by a small mind stuggling to appear large.

And yes, the XX is back together and fully functional. It's been that way for months. I actually rode it home remember? Now I fully expect you to bring up my phone call to you minutes after I crashed. It'll be an easy way to make me look foolish so take it. And please, don't resort to implying that I make myself look foolish enough without your help. You're above such tactics.

No, I'm not, but even simpler tactics work well enough for the likes of you.

The XX still looks like a Rat Bike but oh well.

I like rat bikes, so you've moved up in my estimation to just above certain single celled organisms. Not all of them, mind you, just some. But you're in the race now, which is a step in the right direction

Nice diversion. I take it as filler material and an indication of a man that's desperate to keep on top of his game.

I'm not sure to what you're referring here. If you could perhaps take a few minutes away from drooling on your desk and staring vacuously at the wall to learn the finer points of the quote system, it would be helpful.

What I find sad is that I'm hand feeding you stuff in order to keep this little game of ours challenging. I really was hoping for better from you. I'm wearing my Cup so come on back kicking. You're starting to bore me and I'm feeling the need to practice my Limerick writing. :icon_wink:

That's not bordom, Scot, that's building resignation to once again having your small mind stretched beyond it's limitations by attempting an exchange with a grown up. Calling it "boredom" is just your little defense mechanism, this may be another point you want to bring up in therapy. It's okay, though, there will always be someone out there you can pick on. You'll go find them, build up your confidence and come back for more. I look forward to it. :icon_twisted:

BTW, for the love of all that's Holy, anything but the limericks. :icon_lol:

Again with the random captitaliztion, what's up with that, anyway? To answer your attempt at an insult, I'm sure the moderators here would be insulted, if we had any. Sounds like you may be perfect for the job.

Random? The more observant and less desperate of our readers will notice that I capitalize certain nouns. Whether or not I do it per the book remains to be seen. The fact that it bothers you is good enough for me.

"Grasping at straws" is copying and pasting a petty insult into babelfish in attempt to make it appear more than it is. Your attempt to disguise you lack of wit in your native tongue hasn't gone unobserved by me or other members here. A sad tactic generated by a small mind stuggling to appear large.

Once again the act of a desperate man. Bringing the thoughts of other Members here whether or not they are real thoughts or imagined thoughts created by you is a sure sign of desperation and insecurity. How many times have you seen someone post something to the effect of "You have no idea how many PM's I've received asking me to keep it up and not the change" have you seen in the past? You are getting in to territory that has been solely inhabited by the lowest of the low. Do you feel good about that?

No, I'm not, but even simpler tactics work well enough for the likes of you.

I have no doubt that you will find the simplest of tactics while on your downward spiral.

I like rat bikes, so you've moved up in my estimation to just above certain single celled organisms. Not all of them, mind you, just some. But you're in the race now, which is a step in the right direction

Now that was funny. Very weak but still funny. I suppose that in order to play at your level I could ask you how many levels above Mexicans are these Single Celled Organism's but I wouldn't feel good about that.

I'm not sure to what you're referring here. If you could perhaps take a few minutes away from drooling on your desk and staring vacuously at the wall to learn the finer points of the quote system, it would be helpful.

You're not sure what I was talking about but I'm the stupid one? I'll ask my Therapist what "Projection" is if you do the same. The quotes are for you just this once. It's not worth the effort IMO as I seem to be able to keep up without them.

That's not bordom, Scot, that's building resignation to once again having your small mind stretched beyond it's limitations by attempting an exchange with a grown up. Calling it "boredom" is just your little defense mechanism, this may be another point you want to bring up in therapy. It's okay, though, there will always be someone out there you can pick on. You'll go find them, build up your confidence and come back for more. I look forward to it. :icon_twisted:

BTW, for the love of all that's Holy, anything but the limericks. :icon_lol:

There are quite a few Paradoxes in that last one. This grown up I'm dealing with can apparently do nothing but come up with new and exciting ways to say "You're a stupid Poo Poo Head". You have the mentality of a six year old but the vocabulary and grammar skills of a College Graduate. I'm starting to think that that is the reason I have such a difficult beating you at this little game we play. I need to re-think my strategy.

Tim seems like he's pretty damn smart

until you see through is unique form of Art.

He types likes he wise

but it's just a disguise

as I've been more insulted by Farts

You really need to get your ass to Ely so we can do this shit in person and drunk off our asses. Until then...................................Fuck You You Stupid Poo Poo Head. :icon_smilefingers:

If I may interupt the light-hearted banter, have you checked out the seat cushion on the XX? Just wondering before I go and put down 15 hard earned bucks at China Mart.

If I may interupt the light-hearted banter, have you checked out the seat cushion on the XX? Just wondering before I go and put down 15 hard earned bucks at China Mart.

Doh! No, I have not. I forgot. I'll check it out tonight.

I promise :icon_liar:

Part of the reason I forgot is because the Moderator of this section has been a disruptive influence. :icon_whistle:

In an attempt to get this back on topic :icon_evilgrin:

gallery_54_55_6010.jpg

I think it will fit the XX fine. Whether or not it works for shit :icon_think:

Once it's secured with the straps I don't think it will touch an paint. I've got the straps cut for the Strom so I didn't use them on the Bird.