CBR1100XX.org Forum

CBR 1100XX shutting off

gphillips

We race a welterweight race car powered by a Blackbird that is FI. Saturaday night during the races the motor shut itself off. When the transmission was in neutral the motor would run fine, when we tried to put it in gear the motor would again shutoff. We finally traced the problem to a wire that had come unconnected. The wire is located ontop of the Case, near the oil fill hole. Some one told me this was the kick stand wire that will shut the motor off when it is in gear if the kickstand is down. After looking at it more closely it appears to have something to do with the oiling system. We already tried simply reconnecting the wire but it continually comes off. Can anyone tell me what this wire does and how to repair it where it will not conntinually come off as it did Saturday night?

Thanks

Greg Phillips

You can also check the wiring diagram. You may not be using everthing, but probably the main harness for engine and computer. There are definitely some safety mechanisms, that others mentioned which could be causing your problem, that you may want to bypass.

You may be interested in this thread. :wink:

http://www.cbr1100xx.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1246

I'm afraid I can't be of much help to you with the wiring, but am curious about this racecar you're powering with a 'bird motor. What kind of series do you run it in? Got a website or any pictures?

Does anyone have a wiring diagram they could e-mail me? If so my

e-mail address is gphillips42051@yahoo.com

The cars are called dwarf cars, they are 5/8 scale replicas of older cars, but some are now running an imca modified type body.

Here are a couple of websites to check out, www.dwarfcarracing.com and www.southernmissouridwarfcars.com. Our car is currently not in any of the pics, but you can see the type of cars we run.

Thanks,

Greg