Godfather

Battery  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should I buy from

• A. The stealership
    • B. Somewhere like walmart, in that case I would need size info
    • C. Just keep the old one and hope my stator does not die
    • D. HOOKERS!

My bird has been sitting up in Connecticut for a few months now, and I have not ridden it since the

end of January. The battery is original, on my 2000 bird and I'm wondering if it should be replaced.

What brand do you use?

Thanks!

In general bikes using the Yusa wet cell batteries with sound electrical systems get on average 6 to 8 years of life. You will not see that type of longevity out of a Wal-Mart battery. The only question regarding battery selection should be the OEM wet cell Yusa or moving into newer gel or dry battery technology to take advantage of zero maintenance increased cca and Ahrs count

I am running a YTX14 I got at Sam's---it is taller and has 200CCA. The rubber strap securing it is streatched more than I like as the battery is about 1/2 in taller than the YTX12. Haven't had it long enough to know about it's life span.

One other thing---they all need to be fully charged on a bench at 1.5 amps or less for maximum service/life----happy trails kel

I am running a YTX14 I got at Sam's---it is taller and has 200CCA. The rubber strap securing it is streatched more than I like as the battery is about 1/2 in taller than the YTX12. Haven't had it long enough to know about it's life span.

One other thing---they all need to be fully charged on a bench at 1.5 amps or less for maximum service/life----happy trails kel

What your is your bike?

I need a new battery as well and am looking to upgrade my 03's battery if I can find one that fits.

Do not buy one from Walmart,it is utter piece of Shit.Couple of years ago I got couple for our bikes,one lasted one year ,second one- two years.

I`ve had a good luck with gel batteries from Dennis Kirk,Power Max,part # 20-0360.

58 bucks.

My Bird YTX14-BS in it now is a '97. I don't know about the quality of the battery as I have only had it a few months. It's an AGM type battery that you fill/seal/charge before putting into service.

If I'd had a choice when I needed it, I would probably have gone with the Yuasa just because I have had excellant service out of them.

Regardess of what you get----charge it fully at low amp before putting it in the bike-----happy trails kel

Would a ytz12s fit a 2000 bird? Says it fits 2001-03 but is there a difference that would make it hard to connect? The battery is a bit shorter.

As long as you wouldn't mind making a spacer if you needed it there shouldn't be a issue as . The YTX is slightly taller than the YTZ but the same size other wise.

From the checking I've been doing it looks like the YTZ14S is the exact same size at the YTZ12S. YTZ14S has 20 more CCA and .2 Amp/h more power. I want to replace my battery so I think I'm going to order a YTZ14S.

Re; The -14 Yuasa battery. I had this exchange with the Yuasa rep last year. It works just fine, and I've never had a battery worry since.

Sent : Wednesday, May 24, 2006 6:21 PM

To : <Flitemdic@hotmail.com>

Subject : RE: Yuasa Battery

| | | Inbox

Duane,

You can use the YTZ14S, 230CC. The height is 4 3/8 which is a little shorter than the YTX12.

Thank you,

Kathy

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 11:01 AM

To: Hornberger Kathy

Subject: FW: Yuasa Battery

-----Original Message-----

From: Flitemdic@hotmail.com [mailto:Flitemdic@hotmail.com]

Sent: Sun 5/21/2006 2:01 PM

To: Stallone Barbara

Cc:

Subject: Yuasa Battery

The following information has been submitted for Customer Service - Batteries.

-- Contact Information --

Dealer Name: Duane D

Address: 736 C.

City, State, Zip: San Antonio, TX, 78253

Telephone: 210-

Fax:

E-mail: Flitemdic@hotmail.com

Comments: Is there a higher CCA battery for the 1998 CBR 1100 XX than the YTX-12-BS. I understood there is a 230 CCA that will fit my application. Please advise, I have to buy a battery ASAP

You can get them pretty inexpensively from Cycle Gear, too.